Who's done full Kits?

Guest socalkid

Guest socalkid

Have a customer with an 2008 Infiniti M35 and they wanted to get the full hood and fenders Kit. I've done his buddy's M35 with the standard kit and it seems to be doing it's job but he's not convinced that it will be enough coverage. Never done any pieces that big yet. Maybe the bulk guys can call this one. Any tips and what's fair for labor? There's another shop locally that has the experience to do it but since I've tinted it's windows before, the owner is will to give me the biz instead.

Guest qatinstaller

Price it according to how long it will take, how much the materials are, and how much the materials are again (Just in case) :lol

Trevor

You should be pricing full fronts at between 3-4 times what you would charge for a standard kit (assuming you set your pricing to the quality end of the market and aren't giving the farm away). If you price full fronts to0 aggressively callbacks will drive you out of business. Plus your skillset has value and serious worth (unless you like to pay yourself at mimimum wage) :dunno

Cheers

Guest Josh @ Proform
Have a customer with an 2008 Infiniti M35 and they wanted to get the full hood and fenders Kit. I've done his buddy's M35 with the standard kit and it seems to be doing it's job but he's not convinced that it will be enough coverage. Never done any pieces that big yet. Maybe the bulk guys can call this one. Any tips and what's fair for labor? There's another shop locally that has the experience to do it but since I've tinted it's windows before, the owner is will to give me the biz instead.

The average car I do is a full kit.I have not designed/installed a M35 yet but usually labor is at least equal to the total retail costs of the kit plus usually 50% (% depends on the customer).

You likely already know this but, make sure the car and environment are a clean as possible, and wax the middle. It never fail that if there is piece of debris under a large section of film it is always in the middle.

Guest socalkid

I'm definitely charging accordingly so minimum wage is not an option, but he is a good customer so I'm going to make worth while for the us and the customer! Good looking out y'all! :evilgrin

Archived