I went to Geoshield website & can't figure out which films are which they only have specs for 4 films is that all they manufacture? IR 70 im guessing is flatglass film , geo 30,40 & 50 is auto why not anything darker I thought I heard about some g-20 ceramic :lol anyone know anymore

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest darkdan

There is the IRis line (70, and used to be 60).

The Geo line (50, 40, 30).

And the new G line (G-35, which is really a 30, and G-20) black line. Pigmented poly with ceramic.

I've expressed this before that the naming could have been better.

Guest haroldshouseoftint

And the new G line (G-35, which is really a 30, and G-20) black line. Pigmented poly with ceramic.

:twocents no ceramic in it :lol

Guest Mobile1

:twocents no ceramic in it :lol

They claim it is ceramic are they flat out lying?

Guest haroldshouseoftint

:dunno no ceramic in it :twocents

They claim it is ceramic are they flat out lying?

Well, it may have it in it, but if it was a true ceramic film, similar to the 30 40 50, being as dark as 20% is, shouldn't it have much higher TSER #'s? :lol

Guest Mobile1

I kind of assumed it was similar to a dyed/metalized hybrid, they are not as effective as a full metal film. Is that possible? I'm not as technical as you.

And I am honestly curious not trying to start an argument, because I don't know what the hell it is really made of.

Guest haroldshouseoftint

I do know of a "similar" film with similar #'s that is an IR absorbing film, that is not ceramic, but I honestly don't know what/how Geo's black ceramic is made of, that's why I put :twocents at the end of my last post :lol

:dunno am I really that bad that everyone says they're not trying to argue with me :dunno

Guest tintgod
I kind of assumed it was similar to a dyed/metalized hybrid, they are not as effective as a full metal film. Is that possible? I'm not as technical as you.

And I am honestly curious not trying to start an argument, because I don't know what the hell it is really made of.

what I would do..is call them up ..ask them for some sort of data sheet that will tell what it is made of.

I seriously doubt that burns is going to lie to you...they have the film made..they will know what is in it.

Guest tintgod
I do know of a "similar" film with similar #'s that is an IR absorbing film, that is not ceramic, but I honestly don't know what/how Geo's black ceramic is made of, that's why I put :wall at the end of my last post :dunno

:dunno am I really that bad that everyone says they're not trying to argue with me :lol

hanitatek have a similar nano film that has close to the same #s

but does anyone really know what the film is make of..really..unless we have it tested ourselves we really dont know...well...except for you know who.. :lol:twocents

Archived