ENERGY STAR CANADA

Guest RCOOTE

Guest RCOOTE

Here is a conversation with the ENERGY STAR REP FOR CANADA... sucks for us canadians EH??

Richard:

ENERGY STAR does not include window films because:

1. In our estimation, there is no significant overall energy savings in an heating dominated climate. In fact, the use of window films could actually increase energy use in some cases. Window films with solar control were mainly developed for the cooling dominated climates in the U.S. and for single glazed windows.

2. Window films can damage the seals in the insulating glass unit leading to premature failure due to heat build-up.

3. The ENERGY STAR initiative in Canada does not have a home renovation program such as there is in the U.S. where window films take an active part. That is done by the ECOenergy Retrofit program.

Steve Hopwood

Natural Resources Canada / Ressources naturelles Canada

613-995-6741

613-947-5286 (fax)

shopwood@nrcan.gc.ca

Sent: March 5, 2008 12:05 PM

To: Hopwood, Steve

Subject: RE: Contact Energy Star

WOW, I was under the impression, from my film distributor, that they are.

Why are films not in canada? They definitely do contribute to lower energy consumption, more in the summer months but still do contribute in the winter months.

Thank you in advance Steve,

Richard

"Hopwood, Steve" <shopwood@NRCan.gc.ca> wrote:

Richard:

We are sorry, but windows films are not part of the ENERGY STAR program in Canada, therefore, we cannot provide you with any logos.

Steve Hopwood

Natural Resources Canada / Ressources naturelles Canada

613-995-6741

613-947-5286 (fax)

shopwood@nrcan.gc.ca

Sent: Friday, February 29, 2008 9:01 AM

To: ES.SE OEE Equipment

Subject: Contact Energy Star

I am having a few signs made for my business and trade shows and am inquiring about the availability of vinyl logos and legal documentation to use these symbols. I am making 4 signs and would prefer an official graphic from your organization. I use LLUMAR, MADICO and HUPER OPTIK FILMS.

Which ever size you supply would be great. Between 4"-8" size would be best suited. Or legal permission to use and re-create the logo.

What amazes my is take a State like NY .. If you live in Gananoque , Ontario ..no Energy Star rebate "risk of thermo failure " because of climate . Drive 15 minutes over the border to Alexandria Bay NY ..no problem..yet same weather and "thermo stress" :rollin

Archived