What percentage?

Guest crazyfool0821

Guest crazyfool0821

I have 35% on my windows now, the car came with it when I bought it(2001 Honda Civic). I want to make it a little darker, not like 5% or anything, but what would another layer of 35% make it? I have always tried to figure this out in my head, but I'm just not sure. Any help is appreciated!

Guest krivera418

just strip it u dont know how old the film is and put what u want from scratch if the film is old it might peel off when u aplly the new film its not worth the headache start from scratch it is your personal car :eyebrows get her done

Guest crazyfool0821

Well, the tint was done at Pro-Tint in Greensboro, NC, so I know it was done well, because I tried seeing if I could peel it and I can't really get it to come off with my hands. When I had 5% on my Explorer, it came off so easily.

The place I want to go to will charge me $100 to take it off. I might end up taking it all off, but if putting another strip of 35% will make it 12.5% then I might just do that.

Well, the tint was done at Pro-Tint in Greensboro, NC, so I know it was done well, because I tried seeing if I could peel it and I can't really get it to come off with my hands. When I had 5% on my Explorer, it came off so easily.

The place I want to go to will charge me $100 to take it off. I might end up taking it all off, but if putting another strip of 35% will make it 12.5% then I might just do that.

:lol2 wow for 2 windows we need to raise our removal prices, I don't think it will be quite that dark I would say 15% at the darkest. beaware of your states tint law unless you want problems :rollin

Guest crazyfool0821

It's 35% in the front and any % in the back I believe. It's legal as-is, but I've never been pulled for tint when I had 5% on the explorer, or 20%, so I don't think I'll be getting pulled over in the 5 mile radius I travel everyday.

Guest clint4883

maybe I am doing my math wrong but I am coming up with 12.25 before you put it on the glass. and then like 8 something when you put it on the glass. if you go with 50 then you are at about 17.5 before install and 12.25 after install. like I said maybe my math is wrong. I agree strip it and redo it. you will be much happier.

Guest crazyfool0821

Should I just stay with 20 on the windows and 35 on the whole windshield? That way the side/back windows aren't THAT dark, and the windshield wouldn't be too noticeable.

Archived