3M Prestige 70/60 vs. Huper Optik

Guest NCtal

The Residential Film you select for your house  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Of these, which film would you choose and why?

• 3M Prestige Films
    • Huper Optik Films

Guest NCtal

Met with the Huper rep and yes, apparently TintDude is the name of the forum where you guys have been educating me. The choice between 3M and Huper seems pretty clear to me now, as well, and no surprise - it matches the vast majority of the vote here.

My question is probably best suited for VClimber and his Cliff Clavin-esque resources of knowledge, but I appreciate anyone's feedback that has knowledge of the product. Right now I have samples of H.O. Select Drei, Select Sech, and Ceramic 40 with each offering benefits. If I had to choose right now, I'd go with the Select Sech based on similar performance to the Ceramic 40, but while providing a nearly invisible tint. My only concern with the Sech is that it has metals in it and I'm not sure if that means it will block cellular transmission more than the Ceramic would. Drei still has a possibility, but it seems a little darker than I'd like to go. It might be fine when its all up, but its hard to picture it all and if I'm going to err - I'd rather err on the side of being less noticible not more.

Any insight is appreciated. Thanks.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vclimber
Met with the Huper rep and yes, apparently TintDude is the name of the forum where you guys have been educating me. The choice between 3M and Huper seems pretty clear to me now, as well, and no surprise - it matches the vast majority of the vote here.

My question is probably best suited for VClimber and his Cliff Clavin-esque resources of knowledge, but I appreciate anyone's feedback that has knowledge of the product. Right now I have samples of H.O. Select Drei, Select Sech, and Ceramic 40 with each offering benefits. If I had to choose right now, I'd go with the Select Sech based on similar performance to the Ceramic 40, but while providing a nearly invisible tint. My only concern with the Sech is that it has metals in it and I'm not sure if that means it will block cellular transmission more than the Ceramic would. Drei still has a possibility, but it seems a little darker than I'd like to go. It might be fine when its all up, but its hard to picture it all and if I'm going to err - I'd rather err on the side of being less noticible not more.

:rollin Where are you located in relation to the ocean?

Guest NCtal

Charlotte, NC - so that makes me a little less than 200 miles away. The climate here is still pretty humid, just not salty-humid as far as I can tell - but I've only recently moved here.

Guest vclimber

Charlotte, NC - so that makes me a little less than 200 miles away. The climate here is still pretty humid, just not salty-humid as far as I can tell - but I've only recently moved here.

SECH should work fine for you. Cell signal does not get affected by that film -ime. The Ceramic 40 is not a dark looking film but you will be able to tell that your windows have some color whereas SECH pretty much disappears unless it is backed by white window coverings.

Guest darkdan

When I tinted my whole house with a full metal film (silver 20 and silver 50) I didn't notice any cell phone reception loss what-so-ever. So don't let that be a deciding factor for you.

Guest vclimber
:beer Interesting poll here... I haven't even bothered to vote. I'm curious, the three voters for Prestige why do you think it should be the film of choice? :lol2

Guest Fly Paper
:beer Interesting poll here... I haven't even bothered to vote. I'm curious, the three voters for Prestige why do you think it should be the film of choice? :lol2

Cause they don't know any better. MMM ....... they don't make stuff they label stuff!.....nice tape... good post it notes....

:thumb Interesting poll here... I haven't even bothered to vote. I'm curious, the three voters for Prestige why do you think it should be the film of choice? :beer

Cause they don't know any better. MMM ....... they don't make stuff they label stuff!.....nice tape... good post it notes....

:DD

Guest TINTEM

When I did my House. I was thinking the same thing. I ddin't want the house to look dark inside. But I did Put C40 up and I love it Now. I'm a the point I forget they are tinted.... Just because they all look the same LOL

:bingo Interesting poll here... I haven't even bothered to vote. I'm curious, the three voters for Prestige why do you think it should be the film of choice? :lol6

Obviously no takers!!

I was almost tempted to give the defense just for "sentimental old time sakes", but. .my fingers started to get all itchy. . :lol6

Of course, perhaps the reason no one has addressed your query, might simply be that their MIA advocates are not positioned at the correct angle. Seems they work better when tilted at 32 degrees. :lol6

Archived