3M Prestige 70/60 vs. Huper Optik

Guest NCtal

The Residential Film you select for your house  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Of these, which film would you choose and why?

• 3M Prestige Films
    • Huper Optik Films

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest willie
:shock Interesting poll here... I haven't even bothered to vote. I'm curious, the three voters for Prestige why do you think it should be the film of choice? :shock

Obviously no takers!!

I was almost tempted to give the defense just for "sentimental old time sakes", but. .my fingers started to get all itchy. . :lol2

Of course, perhaps the reason no one has addressed your query, might simply be that their MIA advocates are not positioned at the correct angle. Seems they work better when tilted at 32 degrees. :lol2

Easy big fella. :lol2
Easy big fella. :lol2

:lol2

Caught me!!

:krazy

When I tinted my whole house with a full metal film (silver 20 and silver 50) I didn't notice any cell phone reception loss what-so-ever. So don't let that be a deciding factor for you.

Thankyou!!! Agreed!

Guest clandi

NCtal,

What did you go with?

I'm using C40 on the back side of my house and it's barely noticeable. I'm also using DREI, but it's on a half-round window 18feet off the floor and on my skylights. I don't look directly out of it so I can't judge how dark it looks. What surprises me with the DREI is the sunshine that does come through the skylights (west roof) is so bright that I continuously check the walls/floors that it hits to see how hot they get. There is no noticeable heat gain.

The SECH stuff is incredibly clear, but the C40 is very liveable as well. If possible, try one window of each on the same side of the house. Side by side I'm sure you'll see a difference. Separated you may find that the C40 meets your needs and you can save a few bucks.

Guest NCtal

I went with the Sech after asking a few others to judge my 3 sample cards up on the window. I was seriously tempted to go with the Drei on the top row of windows (5) of a 2-story family room to cut some of the heat gain, but having Drei up top and Sech below would have made it more noticable I'm sure. Since I was on the fence, I erred on the side of being less noticable with the Sech all around. I moved from the north to NC, so I didn't want to make the room much darker. Perhaps the Drei wouldn't have made it much darker, but I didn't want to take the chance.

My pricing was $1300 for Sech vs. $890 for the C40, so there was a decent amount of savings ... but I justified that over the lifetime of the application it would amount to peanuts. I can't really comment yet, since they don't get installed until next week. I'll report back with the results, but I'm sure my furniture and hardwoods will be thanking me now that the day is getting longer and the sun a little hotter.

Guest FilmBlazer

I'm sure you will be pleased, way to go protecting before its too late! Many customers feel they don't need protection because they have low e windows, UV coating on floors etc. Then they freak out after things start to fade int he matter of months. Good luck with the film post back and let us know how you like it!

:dunno

Guest blueyes
Hey V4V, Are you saying tinters who tint "out of their homes" are less trusting than businesses who have a storefront?

Your website comment "Many window tinters work from their home and do not carry the insurance requirements. These folks are installing in your home and it is critical that you know the character of these folks!"

I work from home and carry 2 million in insurance and am bonded as well for larger commercial contracts. Besides how many walk-ins do you get who are looking for residential or commercial films? Just curious.

The largest 3M dealer in california works out of his home. It happens to be a very expensive home but it is a house.

Archived