Llumar ATR vs Global

I've always liked ATR ..I hears good things about Global as a better shrink film ..how does it hold up ? Fading ? usability?

Thanks

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've been seriously considering Global too TW... have you talked to the supplier up here yet?

No..I have no interest in 1 sided conversations with suppliers on thier product till I do my own homework :rollin

Guest vclimber
I've been seriously considering Global too TW... have you talked to the supplier up here yet?

No..I have no interest in 1 sided conversations with suppliers on thier product till I do my own homework :rollin

Study hard my friend. :lol2

:rollin Fair enough. I was just a little curious about pricing. Most of what I've read on here about it... specifically QDP... has been good so, I think chances are good it'll be what I'll go for once I'm done with what I have. I'll just read everything that comes in this thread from this point as homework :lol2

...... I don't know if I would personally say Global film is a 'better' shrinking film.... I have used some of the (whatever it was they repalced with the 'fusion') and some of the QDP...

We never put it to say a bug or saturn back glass to test it's limits.. but it definately shrinks different than the ATR

Guest darkdan

Global QDP/HP are pigmented polyester and weatherable polyester.

I don't have a hard time shrinking the QDP or the ATR, but they do shrink differently.

ATR is weatherable poly, color stable dye.

I've been using QDP for what? 2 or 2.5 years now? I haven't seen any color change on the first SUV I did with it (coworker).

The only thing I don't like about QDP is removal can be a PITA. Global's adhesive just loves to stick around......get it?!

Global QDP/HP are pigmented polyester and weatherable polyester.

I don't have a hard time shrinking the QDP or the ATR, but they do shrink differently.

ATR is weatherable poly, color stable dye.

I've been using QDP for what? 2 or 2.5 years now? I haven't seen any color change on the first SUV I did with it (coworker).

The only thing I don't like about QDP is removal can be a PITA. Global's adhesive just loves to stick around......get it?!

I'm doing everything I can to learn more about film construction itself... that and I'm really interested in QDP. Couple questions... You said, "Global QDP/HP are pigmented polyester and weatherable polyester." Does that mean that QDP is pigmented polyester as opposed to HP which is weatherable polyester?

And what's the difference between pigmented polyester and weatherable polyester?

And is QDP claimed to be colour stable?

I'm looking on Global's site now and haven't found anything specific yet, just a mention of the 'won't turn to purple' guarantee. Sorry if I'm a moron! I'm trying to learn :rollin

Guest thatsnappyguy
:lol2 Fair enough. I was just a little curious about pricing. Most of what I've read on here about it... specifically QDP... has been good so, I think chances are good it'll be what I'll go for once I'm done with what I have. I'll just read everything that comes in this thread from this point as homework :rollin

hahaha...pricing...llumar ATR compared to global QDP...big difference. I used atr and it shrank fine for me. u currently use qdp and never had a problem shrinking it (dry of course). I have done bugs, vettes, alot of the bitch back glass's. I love the shrink it has, the look, the durablitly, and even better....the price u cant beat.

Archived