Llumar ATR vs Global

Guest darkdan

"and" means both things. Sorry if it confused you into thinking it was a list.

So it's weatherable AND pigmented.

Pigmented or "deep dyed" as some like to say it. It means the polyester is colored before it is extruded into window film. Most dyed films take a piece of polyester and then add the dye. Pigments are used in things like exterior yellow paint and such instead of regular colorants that would normally fade. So if the pigment is right it holds up rather well.

Weatherable means it has UV absorbers in the film too instead of just in the glue. Which means longer lasting UV protection and typically a more hearty film.

If they say it "won't turn purple" that sounds like color stable to me.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just began using Global HP, but the few cars that I have done I love the film. I don't find it that much of a difference in shrinking on car back glasses. Now I did a Jeep Wrangler and the smaller fingers on it kicked my can for some reason. I have done a 1999 Olds Alero 4 door, a 2005 Chevy Cavalier 2 door, and another couple cars and I find it to handle great.

It is less reflective than the ATR just a bit and I like the color very much....Love the somewhat rubbery feel of it on the SC side. Extra 10 feet of film and price is great. Warranty is stated pretty well the same....

Guest mhun9180

Pigmented or "deep dyed" as some like to say it. It means the polyester is colored before it is extruded into window film. Most dyed films take a piece of polyester and then add the dye. Pigments are used in things like exterior yellow paint and such instead of regular colorants that would normally fade. So if the pigment is right it holds up rather well.

Weatherable means it has UV absorbers in the film too instead of just in the glue. Which means longer lasting UV protection and typically a more hearty film.

How many layers of UV absorbers are Global QDP running?

Guest Sprinter

best way is to order some film you can buy 25 feet or so and give them both a try, I used the qdp and hp from global but I don't anymore, do your home work is right. some will like it and some won't just like all films out there.

Thanks a lot darkdan... well worded, and I learned something :spit Which is pretty hard for me to do :lol6:rollin And I took their 'won't turn to purple' line as meaning colour stable too. I mean everything fades in time but being in Canada... :gasp The extra footage per roll could be a nice bonus. Once I'm not sick and back on my feet I think I'll give some QDP and HP a shot :spit TW obviously got the info he wanted too... Wow, a thread that ended with everybody happy :lol6

How many layers of UV absorbers are Global QDP running?

I will shoot myself in the head when a customes asks me that question :evilgrin

I'll PM you TW.

Global has great customer service, film shrinks different but nice, can take the heat like no other, color is great, dries quick, and price difference compares to llumar well, we all know :evilgrin . as long as you stick with QDP series you'll be ok, I've done alot of customers who keep coming back, notice they're cars and they are as good as day one, we' started using them lil by lil since 04. no problems ever since. the NR series though will fade.

as long as you stick with QDP series you'll be ok, I've done alot of customers who keep coming back, notice they're cars and they are as good as day one, we' started using them lil by lil since 04. no problems ever since. the NR series though will fade.

thats great to know :rollin

I've had an email sent to me that I'm crazy not to switch lol I have no problems with ATR and has proven itself over time with me which is worth a lot. I like hearing from others who have used the Global and feel the same way..and why they do :rollin

Archived