Llumar ATR vs Global

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know exactly what the price is... but the supplier's website up here claims that "Due to the continued strength of the

Canadian dollar and better buying power we have LOWERED our pricing on Global Window Films" :beer

That's cool. Last I knew they were about the same price.

I was thinking about ordering a bunch and sneaking it across the border!

You're a rebel :lol2 My cousin in NB was thinking that at one point when the dollar first evened out... Have it shipped to his mailing address in Maine and bring it through customs himself rather than pay a fortune for FedEX or whatever to do it. Don't think that ever happened though... too much hassle :beer

The ATR "roadshow" prices are good....I usually buy enough film to last me till the end of summer :beer ..they are actually quite good for Llumar

Guest FilmBlazer

I prefer the ATR personally... I would agree completely that they shrink differently, however, I would also say that the ATR shrinks better and faster for me :DD

The ATR is going to run you more, but you are getting an American made product from a manufacturer that has been in business for over half of a century. There is value in that for some dealers and some could care less. There is also value in that for some customers, and others don't care about anything except for cost and if you can do it today at 1:00 :thumb

I definitely like the looks of the QDP though, a very clear looking film and a touch on the bronze side IMO. One thing I would like to add and Dan mentioned this in a previous thread. If you get a hair or spec of debris the ATR can typically be pulled back, flushed and then layed back down. The QDP does exactly what it says, it dries FAST. If you see something a bit later in the application or use any heat, its there to stay because the glue is bonded.

I really like both films, but I trust the ATR for longevity personally. Additionally, Llumar presented the ATC line that is probably comparable to QDP's solar performance. Give that some consideration too.

Try them all and judge yourself! Good luck :beer

just used global qdp on a mercedes today and loved it. color rocks. and it does indeed dry fast. super clear and great shrink. however, I can't even buy llumar here because there's a dealer "too close to me." so I'll never know between the two. all I know is, I can buy as much of anything else I need other than llumar. loyalty is good to current llumar dealers, however, I hope they don't pitch me when I run my competitors current numbers to the ground this summer.

Archived