Llumar ATR vs Global

I tried QDP over the summer and really liked the way there was no static in the film as it ran thru the plotter. I was having terrible static problems with SG so that is why I tried it. I stopped using it because I ordered 4 40" rolls and they all had some type of "spidery web" distortion in the film. It would not have been so bad but I had cut several cars for the day and didn't see the defect in the film until I started putting the film on. Talk about a stressful day! Rep swapped out the film, but that experience scared me so I dropped them cold and moved on to AT CHarcoal. No we use ATC and SG Supreme (whenever the static is not present). I will probably give them another chnce this summer.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I dropped them cold and moved on to AT CHarcoal. No we use ATC and SG Supreme (whenever the static is not present). I will probably give them another chnce this summer.

I'm curious why you would use AT and not ATR ..yet ATR's "equivalent" SG Supreme from a different company :thumb

Guest darkdan

SG Supreme is metal free. Supreme HP would be like ATR.

Yeah, I had one roll QDP with "spider-web" if we have the same thing. It was wound too tightly and slightly sideways so it made these strange spider web marks in a line through the 24" roll. Squeegeed it down with my blue max and it disappeared. Which, I do that anyways, so no extra steps for me.

Guest secretagentswole
I've always liked ATR ..I hears good things about Global as a better shrink film ..how does it hold up ? Fading ? usability?

Thanks

it dosent shrink as good as atr or at. In fact you have to use a whole different shrink process. Your gonna make more money per job due to LLumar being very proud of there product. Call global, they will literally give you a few rolls to try and send a guy from vegas to show you how to shrink on a Bug back window.

Guest thatsnappyguy
I've always liked ATR ..I hears good things about Global as a better shrink film ..how does it hold up ? Fading ? usability?

Thanks

it dosent shrink as good as atr or at. In fact you have to use a whole different shrink process. Your gonna make more money per job due to LLumar being very proud of there product. Call global, they will literally give you a few rolls to try and send a guy from vegas to show you how to shrink on a Bug back window.

global is newer film to the industry and doesnt have the name "llumar". they are still up and coming so sure they are willing to show people how to use it. its called investing. and by they way...we have been through you whole global speach about how u think it sucks and all. u say it doesnt shrink as good as AT and ATR. well...I used AT and ART in the past for a good while...I shrank every glass then and I can shrink every glass now after I switched to global. next time u want to bash a product, why dont u learn how to use it first.

Thanks

How does Llumar being 'proud' of their product in anyway affect how much money per job you'll make? Wouldn't Global, being a manufacturer, be just as 'proud' of their product as Llumar is of theirs? It's not like they spawned a bastard child product and hate it in every way... For the most part, this is probably the same old different strokes for different folks kind of comparison :beer

Guest secretagentswole

Thanks

How does Llumar being 'proud' of their product in anyway affect how much money per job you'll make? Wouldn't Global, being a manufacturer, be just as 'proud' of their product as Llumar is of theirs? It's not like they spawned a bastard child product and hate it in every way... For the most part, this is probably the same old different strokes for different folks kind of comparison :beer

figure of speech "being proud of it" saying they over price it. Global sells there film cheaper direct from the manufature in india. CPFilms resells the film from LLumar.

Guest secretagentswole

Thanks

global is newer film to the industry and doesnt have the name "llumar". they are still up and coming so sure they are willing to show people how to use it. its called investing. and by they way...we have been through you whole global speach about how u think it sucks and all. u say it doesnt shrink as good as AT and ATR. well...I used AT and ART in the past for a good while...I shrank every glass then and I can shrink every glass now after I switched to global. next time u want to bash a product, why dont u learn how to use it first.

where did I say anything bad about it in this thread snappy? And didnt I say it shrinks different???? And didnt I say that they will come show you how to use it if your interested????? And didnt I say they will give you film to try it??????

So y are you on my nuts in this thread snappy???

I thought you guys wanted to play nice?????

seriously, Iam not talking any %&$# here, I dont think I am, am I?

Read the post again and let me know where I am being rude or talking down about the product.......

Archived