Llumar ATR vs Global

Guest thatsnappyguy

they only way your goin to make more money using llumar is if u raise the price of the job compared to if u were using global. global's price is cheaper that llumar. I dont care how "proud" a company is....give me a good film for a good price...and im goin to make more money than using a good film for a higher price. fact

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest thatsnappyguy
I've always liked ATR ..I hears good things about Global as a better shrink film ..how does it hold up ? Fading ? usability?

Thanks

it dosent shrink as good as atr or at. In fact you have to use a whole different shrink process. Your gonna make more money per job due to LLumar being very proud of there product. Call global, they will literally give you a few rolls to try and send a guy from vegas to show you how to shrink on a Bug back window.

global is newer film to the industry and doesnt have the name "llumar". they are still up and coming so sure they are willing to show people how to use it. its called investing. and by they way...we have been through you whole global speach about how u think it sucks and all. u say it doesnt shrink as good as AT and ATR. well...I used AT and ART in the past for a good while...I shrank every glass then and I can shrink every glass now after I switched to global. next time u want to bash a product, why dont u learn how to use it first.

where did I say anything bad about it in this thread snappy? And didnt I say it shrinks different???? And didnt I say that they will come show you how to use it if your interested????? And didnt I say they will give you film to try it??????

So y are you on my nuts in this thread snappy???

I thought you guys wanted to play nice?????

seriously, Iam not talking any %&$# here, I dont think I am, am I?

Read the post again and let me know where I am being rude or talking down about the product.......

this thread may be a lil different, but I do remember when u came running in here talking all that crap about the film when u first came on here. just cuz we in a different thread doesnt mean I have to forget about the others. u know I guess its just the way I am reading it, that it sounds negative coming from u. I mean u really dont have the best track record for saying too many positive things here. so if I misunderstood they way you were coming across...my b.

they only way your goin to make more money using llumar is if u raise the price of the job compared to if u were using global. global's price is cheaper that llumar. I dont care how "proud" a company is....give me a good film for a good price...and im goin to make more money than using a good film for a higher price. fact

Now that makes sense

Guest secretagentswole
I've always liked ATR ..I hears good things about Global as a better shrink film ..how does it hold up ? Fading ? usability?

Thanks

it dosent shrink as good as atr or at. In fact you have to use a whole different shrink process. Your gonna make more money per job due to LLumar being very proud of there product. Call global, they will literally give you a few rolls to try and send a guy from vegas to show you how to shrink on a Bug back window.

global is newer film to the industry and doesnt have the name "llumar". they are still up and coming so sure they are willing to show people how to use it. its called investing. and by they way...we have been through you whole global speach about how u think it sucks and all. u say it doesnt shrink as good as AT and ATR. well...I used AT and ART in the past for a good while...I shrank every glass then and I can shrink every glass now after I switched to global. next time u want to bash a product, why dont u learn how to use it first.

where did I say anything bad about it in this thread snappy? And didnt I say it shrinks different???? And didnt I say that they will come show you how to use it if your interested????? And didnt I say they will give you film to try it??????

Read the post again and let me know where I am being rude or talking down about the product.......

this thread may be a lil different, but I do remember when u came running in here talking all that crap about the film when u first came on here. just cuz we in a different thread doesnt mean I have to forget about the others. u know I guess its just the way I am reading it, that it sounds negative coming from u. I mean u really dont have the best track record for saying too many positive things here. so if I misunderstood they way you were coming across...my b.

I admit I came on wrong, but I did it cuz I had been reading and not posting for over a year and just finally spoke up.

the tone is never heard and I know that the first impression kinda sticks with tone. But if you guys will really read what I post and not hit and miss and auto think iam talking %&$# you might see iam not a bad guy. Its cool iam not mad you said that I was just trying to give the guy a real world IMO kinda thing. pro con, this is what it is.

You got to admit tinters think what ever there using is the cat meow. I had a guy come work for me and was using sungaurd, talked %&$# about llumar everyday for months. When I left the biz to the partner and came here he left and went back to his old employer that he tinted for and they changed brands. I was brought up using solar gaurd, use to sell llumar at my shop and now I like Suntek, and personally dont think the elite series of global is all that bad. I just dont like Having to stretch film. I actually use the method on other brands though. So I know how to use it I just dont like the fact thats what you got to do (or should I say, what I got to do to use it).

Guest thatsnappyguy

Thanks

I admit I came on wrong, but I did it cuz I had been reading and not posting for over a year and just finally spoke up.

the tone is never heard and I know that the first impression kinda sticks with tone. But if you guys will really read what I post and not hit and miss and auto think iam talking %&$# you might see iam not a bad guy. Its cool iam not mad you said that I was just trying to give the guy a real world IMO kinda thing. pro con, this is what it is.

You got to admit tinters think what ever there using is the cat meow. I had a guy come work for me and was using sungaurd, talked %&$# about llumar everyday for months. When I left the biz to the partner and came here he left and went back to his old employer that he tinted for and they changed brands. I was brought up using solar gaurd, use to sell llumar at my shop and now I like Suntek, and personally dont think the elite series of global is all that bad. I just dont like Having to stretch film. I actually use the method on other brands though. So I know how to use it I just dont like the fact thats what you got to do (or should I say, what I got to do to use it).

well if you are refering to the lift and pull method...I didnt find any difference in how any film lays down when using that method. some may lay a lil fast, but that just means its shinks a lil faster. when it comes to the bottom of the glass, I personally find that it lays alot faster than any film I have used in the past. of course when comparing globals qdp and llumars atr, u can only compare the 2 at a dry shrink method because global wasnt made to shrink wet at all.

Didn't what's-his-name (lildetails?) say he even uses his 'Ryk Shrink' (which obviously involves no pulling) on QDP with no problems? (I haven't even used Global yet so I don't know until I give it a shot soon... just a question).

Guest secretagentswole

Thanks

well if you are refering to the lift and pull method...I didnt find any difference in how any film lays down when using that method. some may lay a lil fast, but that just means its shinks a lil faster. when it comes to the bottom of the glass, I personally find that it lays alot faster than any film I have used in the past. of course when comparing globals qdp and llumars atr, u can only compare the 2 at a dry shrink method because global wasnt made to shrink wet at all.

yea thats what rich and the dude from vegas showed me. You got to get global film to around 180 degrees to begin shrinking and not exceeding 220 or itll melt. I think llumar shinks closer to 150. I havent shot the IR gun at it so I cant tell you for sure.

all in all for a new guy its not forgiving to learn with. I can shrink it wet but Iam one of those 3 steps ahead of myself tinters so I have to retard ( iam using retard like to retard your timing belt) myself to shrink it any other way.

Guest secretagentswole

and the guys and gals at global are good people. thats what I ment by they will come out, give you rolls of film ect.

Guest thatsnappyguy

I tried the ryke thing...I cant get it . I trieed and tried. looks awsome. I wish I could get it. but ill just stick my way till something a lil easier comes around.

:thumb amen.

Archived