Llumar ATR vs Global

I did my 2005 2 door Cavalier back glass with Global HP 05 with the Ryk Shrink on the top and bottom. No pulling at all on it.....

It worked for me......

oh, if you are using Suntek HP then you need to back off the "bottom" heat gun a bunch compared to Llumar ATR! Suntek began to melt on the bottom edge when I did it.....

Only problem I had with my first shrink on the Global on the Cavy was the first bottom edge began to curl up on me. James said he thought it was the way the film is wound as Llumar would be curling the other way.....made sense. I just had to back the under heat gun off a bit more and it works great....

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest darkdan

I shrink global without pulling, lifting, or stretching.

I just heat and smooth.

Also, you are not buying direct from Global (Garware) in India. They have distributors here. From what I understand they are independent.

LLumar (CPFilms) is trying to move away from independently owned distributors and back to CPF owned distributors.

Global QDP certainly can handle some very high temps before melting. I had it the glass up to 1000F before the adhesive began to bubble. The other film melted when the glass hit about 800F.

I dropped them cold and moved on to AT CHarcoal. No we use ATC and SG Supreme (whenever the static is not present). I will probably give them another chnce this summer.

I'm curious why you would use AT and not ATR ..yet ATR's "equivalent" SG Supreme from a different company :thumb

ATR has metal and interferes with signals. ATC = no metal, great looks, NO Fade Warranty that's why I use it. Supreme is the same.

Guest FilmBlazer

I just heat and smooth.

Also, you are not buying direct from Global (Garware) in India. They have distributors here. From what I understand they are independent.

LLumar (CPFilms) is trying to move away from independently owned distributors and back to CPF owned distributors.

I shrink it the same way. small sections at a time and smooth. I think it takes me a bit longer than the ATR but it comes out just as well.

In regards to the Llumar distributors and CPF trying to move away from independently owned dist, off topic I know... I don't know where people are getting this idea, its nothing more than rumor. There is no proof that this is their agenda and I just don't see it happening. I'm pretty certain that CPF would lose a lot of customers if they were to shift to self distribution. Their program concentrates dealer loyalty, and to rob independent distributors of their ability to sell Llumar and Vista would contradict the much of what they stand for. If they were to take rights away from my regional distributor, many of the regional dealers would leave CPF for other manufacturers :lol2 . :thumb

I know in my area Energard just signed another agreement with cp films to continue distributing for them ..they have been doing so for 20 yrs now.

Guest secretagentswole

I just heat and smooth.

Global QDP certainly can handle some very high temps before melting. I had it the glass up to 1000F before the adhesive began to bubble. The other film melted when the glass hit about 800F.

1g farenheit. dayum, were you just roastn it for fun and wht did the glass do?

Guest darkdan

The first time the annealed shattered. The second time the annealed didn't break. After it cooled the next day you could little chizler the bubbles down. You could still see them, but they laid back down after bubbling up from the heat.

Archived