OK here is a question

If you had a very dear friend that would die without proper treatment (a very young friend, lets just say 25) that is actually available to them just not very comfortable or convenient.

And they did not want to move forward with it because it is not comfortable or convenient.

It is a little more complicated than that, like she will lose her job and have to move in with a friend. She will be hospitalized for 2 or 3 months. But it would save her life.

What would you say to that person?

I hope this make sense!

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest clint4883

I don't know the situation, but it is hard to make them realize what they are giving up when it gets to that point. You have to help them realize that they have people that care about them that will be very upset if she gives up or gives in that easy. I have been in that situation to many times in my profession, when someone decides there is an easier way out, I know thats probably not the situation here but in a sense it is by giving up they are killing their self in a round about way. they never realize what the family and friends go through when they're gone. if they did they would give all they have and never give up. just stand by there side and tell them how much they are cared for. get some friends together to give them strength.

I would help them in a heartbeat. :evilgrin

Help them what...die :evilgrin

Because that is what she wants to do! She is giving up :evilgrin

you have to respect everyone's decision, I would help til the end. just be there for her. only so much you can do at this point. but I would try to convince her to not give up on life, life does get hard sometimes, but we have to keeep breathing, we have to keep kicking. does her condition have no cure?

Guest mhun9180

V, all you can do is lend your support and voice your opinion. It is very sad, but ultimately it is there decision whether to live or die. My prayers will be with you so you can talk them out of it :evilgrin

Being a RN for many years, I would at least have her primary care doc make a psyche consult. Sounds like there is some underlying depression going on. Every sane 25 y/o I know wants or thinks they will live forever. If the Pscycologist finds her to be clinically depressed the decision to give up will not be her's anymore.

Guest tallscott

First, if her sins have not been washed away get that straight. Then find someone who you know can counsel her on God. All the while giving her your unconditional love! One of the worst things that can happen to someone in that situation is believing a lie thats in there mind about there situation! For instance, "Life is not worth living", "It will not happen to me", "Does it really matter?". I understand you need to allow people to make there own choice about their lives, but those choices need to make in a clear, balanced "truth" of their situation. I would find someone who truly knows God, get some wisdom for them!! Someone who can demonstrate there relationship with God by a demonstration of Gods power!!

Being a RN for many years, I would at least have her primary care doc make a psyche consult. Sounds like there is some underlying depression going on. Every sane 25 y/o I know wants or thinks they will live forever. If the Pscycologist finds her to be clinically depressed the decision to give up will not be her's anymore.

She is Type 1 Diabetic. In DKA off and on most of the time. And is Pre-ARF.

She is on a very low protien, low phosorous diet.

She is refusing Dialysis.

Just be a friend and hope that the love that is shared is strong enough to help her change her mind. :eyebrows:beer You and friends need to show her people care, because she is maybe deeply depressed? Everything will work out, prayers from IL for her :thumb

Archived