OK here is a question

Guest solarspot
Being a RN for many years, I would at least have her primary care doc make a psyche consult. Sounds like there is some underlying depression going on. Every sane 25 y/o I know wants or thinks they will live forever. If the Pscycologist finds her to be clinically depressed the decision to give up will not be her's anymore.

She is Type 1 Diabetic. In DKA off and on most of the time. And is Pre-ARF.

She is on a very low protien, low phosorous diet.

She is refusing Dialysis.

I have been on this road for 20 years. My mom has been on diaysis almost exactly 19 years. My mom went through a low time like your friend for a while 15 years ago. The grand babies started comming and everything has gotten better(as far as attitude).

I think a little time and your friend will come around. Stay posative and I got ya in my prayers :eyebrows

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First, if her sins have not been washed away get that straight. Then find someone who you know can counsel her on God. All the while giving her your unconditional love! One of the worst things that can happen to someone in that situation is believing a lie thats in there mind about there situation! For instance, "Life is not worth living", "It will not happen to me", "Does it really matter?". I understand you need to allow people to make there own choice about their lives, but those choices need to make in a clear, balanced "truth" of their situation. I would find someone who truly knows God, get some wisdom for them!! Someone who can demonstrate there relationship with God by a demonstration of Gods power!!

TallScott you hit the nail on the head. Have her look at my sons website to see she is not alone and anything can be done when you put faith and a want to live in the same thought. You don't have to look around very far to find someone that has it worse than you if it's a feeling sorry for yourself thing.

please visit the man I admire most in lifes website. He has been given hours to live several times. duggans site

:spit hope everything turns out ok V. I say its not her time if God put you in her life with the caring heart you have :nope

My :spit exactly :hmmm

You look like a very nice person to me TTC , You're friend can call herself pretty lucky havin a friend like you :lol

I hope she turns out well .

Guest traciemills3
If you had a very dear friend that would die without proper treatment (a very young friend, lets just say 25)

Not that it makes too much of a difference, but I think she is only 24.... :rollin

u should make her feel bad for wanting to die.

You were only kidding, right? :lol2

Archived