edge sealer

hey guys ( and girls ofcourse)

We've installed some SolarGard LX 70 (highlite) today and as adviced sealed the edges with the edge sealer that SG recomments . It comes with some little bottles and some mini brushes but it takes a lot of time to bring it on and it looks cind of messy after finishing .

So what do you guys use to bring it on ? , Or what do you use instead that makes it go faster and cleaner ?????

The edge sealer is meant to cut of air and dirt from the sensitive layers in between to prevent film corrosian ( or something ) ..So if I would just use a silicone sealer ( just like ordenairy glass is sealed ) , wouldn't that be enough to secure the edges ???

Anyone used or tryed it before ?? Good/bad results ??

I hope you can give me some advice on this people ,

kurt

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest vclimber

Nooooo don't use silicone!!!! :spit It will attack the film.

It is good to let the edges dry out for at least a day before sealing. Always use the factory recommended sealant. CP Films has a pretty cool applicator that looks like a felt-tipped pen. I use that and it goes pretty fast. :spit

Nooooo don't use silicone!!!! :nope It will attack the film.

It is good to let the edges dry out for at least a day before sealing. Always use the factory recommended sealant. CP Films has a pretty cool applicator that looks like a felt-tipped pen. I use that and it goes pretty fast. :spit

gotta look into that !this looks like what I need :spit

but it won't be a problem if the silicone would be used after its been sealed with the right stuff , or would it ??..... :lol

Guest Fly Paper

We used the origional CP Films Spectra Select when it came out back in the mid 1990's and it all went bad so they claimed we could seal it and it was still going bad so we don't use any of those films at all. I can't charge enough to justify the bull poop it takes with those types of films so I won't even sell them. They never look good enough when you finish even worse the customer will always bitch. Thankfully huper came along and we solved the customer needs without the wasted time money dinking with sealers.

Archived