Have you seen Sicko?

Guest FIREMAN68

Guest thatsnappyguy

yes but it does suck that u can loose everything u ever worked for from medical bills when in some countrys it's already paid for.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest clint4883
Ill tell you what I just watch this last night and to see other countries health care compared to the US just ticks me off. I wasn't a big fan of Michael Moore but after I saw him help some 9/11 rescuers that couldn't get help in the US due to it not getting approved by their insurance companies. I see it everyday I work on the ambulance people not getting helped cuz they can't pay their ER bill so I know he's not just making this stuff up. This is one of the reasons why Im finding it hard to vote this year. If you don't have nothing to do watch this movie :rollin

heath care wouldn't be so dang expensive if people wouldn't call an ambulance for a stomach ache. it is stupid how many times I have got on an ambulance and drove 80 mph 20 miles away to get to a call that is suppose to be chest pains and its heart burn because the guy ate some spicy food for supper.

people use the ambulance for a taxi to get in to town, knowing they wont pay the bill, so in return the doctors have to charge the insurance people 3 times as much to try to get the money back that the other people did pay. thats how it works. I see it all the time

Yep..come to Canada and get fixed for free (as long as you live long enough B4 you get treatment ) :lol2:wall

Yeah really... didn't I read something awhile ago where somebody died in a waiting room because they sat there for so long? But really though... I guess we're really lucky compared to a lot of places. Especially if you couldn't afford health insurance or were too ill to get coverage in the first place or it would cost a fortune because of it. Just a bit curious... are our taxes comparably higher here than in the States? I always thought they were... ?

All I know is, if something happens, I just pull out my health card and walk in a hospital and it's taken care of :lol2 Came in handy a couple weeks ago :rollin

Guest General Sun Shield
Sorry, but surgery and healthcare is one of those things that you get what you pay for.

America has the BEST doctors, hospitals, and health care in the world. It just happens to be expensive.

Running off to Cuba for surgery is like getting a hack shop flea market tint job.

Google, "sicko rebuttal" and read the other side of the story before ever forming an opinion based on a Moore movie.

I agree that America has Great Doctors ,tech , and so on. :rollin

But Europe is Very Advanced also.

It is paid for in thier taxes,but damn. I pay $6k Property Tax ,$1200.00 Med Insurance for my family(wife is self employed also) Still have a $35 copay at doctors visits , perscriptions

are only %20 off , $1300.00 liabilty ins. and car insurance while not the highest isnt that cheap in NJ. $1200.00 for wifes car - 1050.00 for mine.

I have family in Europe and they do pay extra taxes on things but when or if they become ill or a emergency arises they are coverd.

+ the hospital wont throw you out the door 3 hours after a procedure.

I love this country,where else would we have all the oppertunitys this great country has for one to prosper?

But I think all self employed people would like to see some sort of change in the system :lol2

Sorry, but surgery and healthcare is one of those things that you get what you pay for.

America has the BEST doctors, hospitals, and health care in the world. It just happens to be expensive.

Running off to Cuba for surgery is like getting a hack shop flea market tint job.

Google, "sicko rebuttal" and read the other side of the story before ever forming an opinion based on a Moore movie.

I agree that America has Great Doctors ,tech , and so on. :lol2

It is paid for in thier taxes,but damn. I pay $6k Property Tax ,$1200.00 Med Insurance for my family(wife is self employed also) Still have a $35 copay at doctors visits , perscriptions

are only %20 off , $1300.00 liabilty ins. and car insurance while not the highest isnt that cheap in NJ. $1200.00 for wifes car - 1050.00 for mine.

I have family in Europe and they do pay extra taxes on things but when or if they become ill or a emergency arises they are coverd.

I love this country,where else would we have all the oppertunitys this great country has for one to prosper?

But I think all self employed people would like to see some sort of change in the system :lol2

Ouch... I think it pretty much works out fairly equal in most of the 'western' world though ? Once everything's done and paid it's probably all fairly equal. I just love it here... they're almost done a new hospital in my city, it'll be the newest in the province... and we'll have to wait just a long because they probably won't staff it properly :rollin What a stupid system... but it beats having nothing by a long shot.

I also remember my relatives in the Netherlands saying that things there were pretty damn good... I always remember they were cared for well. But I guess they're a pretty well off little country.

Guest General Sun Shield

Ouch... I think it pretty much works out fairly equal in most of the 'western' world though ? Once everything's done and paid it's probably all fairly equal. I just love it here... they're almost done a new hospital in my city, it'll be the newest in the province... and we'll have to wait just a long because they probably won't staff it properly :rollin What a stupid system... but it beats having nothing by a long shot.

I also remember my relatives in the Netherlands saying that things there were pretty damn good... I always remember they were cared for well. But I guess they're a pretty well off little country.

My family is form Belgium, flemish speaking part,and they say the same. But I wouldnt live there.

But I think all self employed people would like to see some sort of change in the system :wall

My family is form Belgium, flemish speaking part,and they say the same. But I wouldnt live there.

I've been back to the Netherlands myself... and as neat and clean and modern as it is, I couldn't be paid to live there. Less land than Nova Scotia, over 16 million people... I'll stick with 32 million for one of the biggest places in the world, I like my space :lol2 (Although there were some really hot blondes...)

Guest FIREMAN68
Ill tell you what I just watch this last night and to see other countries health care compared to the US just ticks me off. I wasn't a big fan of Michael Moore but after I saw him help some 9/11 rescuers that couldn't get help in the US due to it not getting approved by their insurance companies. I see it everyday I work on the ambulance people not getting helped cuz they can't pay their ER bill so I know he's not just making this stuff up. This is one of the reasons why Im finding it hard to vote this year. If you don't have nothing to do watch this movie :rollin

heath care wouldn't be so dang expensive if people wouldn't call an ambulance for a stomach ache. it is stupid how many times I have got on an ambulance and drove 80 mph 20 miles away to get to a call that is suppose to be chest pains and its heart burn because the guy ate some spicy food for supper.

people use the ambulance for a taxi to get in to town, knowing they wont pay the bill, so in return the doctors have to charge the insurance people 3 times as much to try to get the money back that the other people did pay. thats how it works. I see it all the time

I know what you mean brother... I really wish that MD gave us medics on the ambulance the authority to say NO to some of the 911 callers that dont have a true emergency. Example the 3am call for a cut finger with no bleeding (really happend) because him and his girlfriend were fighting and she cut him.

Guest FIREMAN68
:thumb and trust me...it aint free :lol

That's the truth..but you'd be surprised how many Americans I've talked to think it is..it's hidden in taxes :DD

:inot

I think id rather pay more taxes and not have to worry about going to see the doctor cuz my bill is going to cost out the ass. Everybody gets sick so its either lower taxes and a expensive hospital bill that you can't afford at the time or higher taxes with a low hospital bill that you can pay without emptying your pocket. I rather pay for it in a long peirod of time than all at once like you do in the US. :rollin

Archived