2002 Ford Taurus: How much to do, etc?

Guest JJR512

Guest JJR512

I have a 2002 Taurus. About what should I expect to pay to have this tinted? Including all four door windows and the two rear quarter windows and the rear window.

One area shop I hear advertised a lot on radio said $180. This is D&L Tinting in White Marsh, MD. Anyone ever hear of them, can you tell me anything about them? Anyone from there post here? They also say it would take about 45 minutes and no appointment necessary. This seems pretty damned fast to me, is that normal? This place includes a lifetime guarantee against peeling and turning purple and bubbling and the other problems.

The maximum legal tint in MD is 35% (which is what D&L said they would do). Because my car is white, I want black-colored tint (as opposed to purple or silver or whatever). I have to admit I'm interested in tint mainly for the exterior appearance, but of course want to get whatever practical benefits are possible as well, such as reduced heating, fabric fading, etc. What brand(s) or type(s) of film should I be looking for, or looking to avoid?

Thanks for any help and tips you can give me. If there are any questions I haven't asked but you think I should know the answer to, please let me know that as well. :spit

Guest thetintshop

$180 sounds ok, but 45 min???? must have more than one tinter working on it. those cars aren't easy. as for film, what are they using? llumar, 3m, sg? is the warranty from them or the manufacturer? will the back glass be one piece? do they cut around the third brake light? have you seen anything else they've tinted? are they using a full metal film, hybrid, extruded, dyed?

Guest tintsem

oh oh!! I think I may have had somthing to do with that. I was talking to TD about a rep. from SoG. and now it seems that something became of it.

Guest certifiedtinter

What are you charging this guy 30 dollars (The diesel you did today)......it's taking me longer were charging him more.......Expensive tinter "tintsem"

Guest certifiedtinter

I'd pay before it's done while you can still get it cheaper cause you get these tinters that raise the price cause they can't tint fast enough or get pissed off (watch for flying projectiles)

Archived