NEED SERIOUS HELP

Guest TintMeUp

Guest TintMeUp

Guys, I need some serious help, myself and a mate paid £1000 for some absolute Di*khead who thought he could teach us, we came home again, bought Johnson Window Film, a 60" x 30M roll of dark smoke, light smoke and limo, and not to mention the £200 worth of tools also, so we spent near £2000 each, and we cant seem to get it right no matter what, cutting is a problem, and shrinking is a big problem, we just cant do it, can someone please explain the best way to cut tint? like.. do we use the rubber seal as a guide line for the scalpel blade or will we take off door panels and all rubber seals? and also where shrinking is concearned, cant seem to shrink the tint without overheating or creasing the tint, and wehn we do finaly manage to get an actual window tinted, it looks rough and unprofessional,and then bubbles appear a few days later, need some serious help, anyone any suggestions/help/advice????

very very very very (cant express how) much appreciated

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest willie
Guys, I need some serious help, myself and a mate paid £1000 for some absolute Di*khead who thought he could teach us, we came home again, bought Johnson Window Film, a 60" x 30M roll of dark smoke, light smoke and limo, and not to mention the £200 worth of tools also, so we spent near £2000 each, and we cant seem to get it right no matter what, cutting is a problem, and shrinking is a big problem, we just cant do it, can someone please explain the best way to cut tint? like.. do we use the rubber seal as a guide line for the scalpel blade or will we take off door panels and all rubber seals? and also where shrinking is concearned, cant seem to shrink the tint without overheating or creasing the tint, and wehn we do finaly manage to get an actual window tinted, it looks rough and unprofessional,and then bubbles appear a few days later, need some serious help, anyone any suggestions/help/advice????

very very very very (cant express how) much appreciated

I would suggest you do al ot of reading around this site.

Then perhaps contact Flat Rock Stan about some videos

Guest TintMeUp

thanks mate, we were talking about going to manchester to do another proper course this time, but the guy who teaches it removes the whole door panel and the rubber seals, il not be removing any seals again, too hard to get back in, do you suggest removing the seals?

ps, who is flat rock stan?

thanks! :rollin

Guest TintMeUp
the search button on this site finds thousands of pages of info

you have to dig in and find it

way better than a lot of classes :thumb

whoaaa thanks :DD

you can also look on youtube, but I would caution you that not all that you see there isn't the proper method. there are some vidz that should help you get your chops up but in the end technique is all you. :thumb

Guest willie
thanks mate, we were talking about going to manchester to do another proper course this time, but the guy who teaches it removes the whole door panel and the rubber seals, il not be removing any seals again, too hard to get back in, do you suggest removing the seals?

ps, who is flat rock stan?

thanks! :thumb

yes I remove some seals but not all.

Flat Rock has a tinting school over here in the states and also sells teaching dvds

Guest TintMeUp
I can offer you a training coarse, if your willing to come to the US...

$$$ US, per week until you get the hang of it.... :mad

I will show you everything I know and be sure you are proficient before you leave...

That is a great offer and I would take it only for the fact that I live in Ireland and its a bit too far to travel, I found a guy on this forum in Ireland who is going to start up training very soon, so I will most likely be taking a course with him. thanks anyway guys, appreciate it alot.

Archived