NEED SERIOUS HELP

Guest TintMeUp

I can offer you a training coarse, if your willing to come to the US...

$1000.oo US, per week until you get the hang of it.... :beer

I will show you everything I know and be sure you are proficient before you leave...

now that right there is a great offer :mad

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest walestint

seems like youre up a creek without a paddle mate

not sure what advice to offer tbh

did anything go right when you had that training - did you leave there knowing the basics??

remember different cars can have different problems, and you know what different problems mean, thats right "you talkin bout me willis!" :mad

Guest naughtydog

Can I ask who trained you...?

Who in Manchester are you looking at being trained by?

I generally tint with door panels in place - no removal.

Guest TintMeUp

the guy seen us coming, they dont train people, they just tint and do graphics, car wraps etc, we left knowing some of the basics mainly, we wern't taught f*** all basically, having some problems with cutting the tint to the exact size of the side windows, they showed us how they do it, unclip the top of the door panel and use a bone stick to pull the bottom rubber gasket up a bit so the tint can tuck under it, and roll down the window about a inch to cut the top of it to the exact fit, then when they install it they left the tint about 5mm gap from the top of the window, but we cant seem to cut it along the side of the window using the rubber seal as a guide line for the scalpel, because it wont tuck properly at one side after we cut it because it seems to be that few little mm too big, and then shrinking on the side windows, disaster!!! they showed us that the way they done it was to anchor the soapy wet tint onto the soapy wet window after sliding the film into place, they started using the hard card from the middle of the window working outwards,then any fingers that were at the sides of the tint, the pulled them into the window and used the hard card to push them to the top and bottom, removing all the fingers through the top and the bottom of the window using the heat gun to make the fingers curl and take a squiggly shape before finally using the hard card over them and sometimes divided some of the fingers in half before removing them, when we finaly get the tint cut to the perfect size, we end up making a dogs dinner out of the tint by either over heating it or creasing it, and this mainly happens at the sides of the window :(

Guest TintMeUp

the guy seen us coming, they dont train people, they just tint and do graphics, car wraps etc, we left knowing some of the basics mainly, we wern't taught f*** all basically, having some problems with cutting the tint to the exact size of the side windows, they showed us how they do it, unclip the top of the door panel and use a bone stick to pull the bottom rubber gasket up a bit so the tint can tuck under it, and roll down the window about a inch to cut the top of it to the exact fit, then when they install it they left the tint about 5mm gap from the top of the window, but we cant seem to cut it along the side of the window using the rubber seal as a guide line for the scalpel, because it wont tuck properly at one side after we cut it because it seems to be that few little mm too big, and then shrinking on the side windows, disaster!!! they showed us that the way they done it was to anchor the soapy wet tint onto the soapy wet window after sliding the film into place, they started using the hard card from the middle of the window working outwards,then any fingers that were at

Guest Diamond Tints

the guy seen us coming, they dont train people, they just tint and do graphics, car wraps etc, we left knowing some of the basics mainly, we wern't taught f*** all basically, having some problems with cutting the tint to the exact size of the side windows, they showed us how they do it, unclip the top of the door panel and use a bone stick to pull the bottom rubber gasket up a bit so the tint can tuck under it, and roll down the window about a inch to cut the top of it to the exact fit, then when they install it they left the tint about 5mm gap from the top of the window, but we cant seem to cut it along the side of the window using the rubber seal as a guide line for the scalpel, because it wont tuck properly at one side after we cut it because it seems to be that few little mm too big, and then shrinking on the side windows, disaster!!! they showed us that the way they done it was to anchor the soapy wet tint onto the soapy wet window after sliding the film into place, they started using the hard card from the middle of the window working outwards,then any fingers that were at

Still didn't say who trained you!

Guest fimmo

sounds like my training course I went on with johnsons in southampton, 4 of us on a 3 day course and we all had a shot of tinting, I was interested in the baby powder method but this idiot who was with us asked if he could give it a go and took forever, so long in fact I never actually got a hands on with it, had to practise when I got home until I nailed it.

also 3 day course, lmao, mines was wed,thurs,fri and no one told me friday they close at 1pm so technically it was a 2.5 day course. cost me just over a grand plus the accomadation, tools tint etc they sold me at the end. total joke.

learned loads here and still learning!

Guest walestint
sounds like my training course I went on with johnsons in southampton, 4 of us on a 3 day course and we all had a shot of tinting, I was interested in the baby powder method but this idiot who was with us asked if he could give it a go and took forever, so long in fact I never actually got a hands on with it, had to practise when I got home until I nailed it.

also 3 day course, lmao, mines was wed,thurs,fri and no one told me friday they close at 1pm so technically it was a 2.5 day course. cost me just over a grand plus the accomadation, tools tint etc they sold me at the end. total joke.

learned loads here and still learning!

I also went on the jwf course, it gives you a kickstart but then its up to you to learn by doing plus tips on here, I was lucky coz I was on my own do the auto course :thumb

Guest TintMeUp

Still didn't say who trained you!

Yes I know, I don't want to blacken anyone's name if you get what I mean. :/

Archived