08 Focus 4dr.

hoosierwindowtek

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest willie
Does anybody have any good tricks for dealing with those?

I use the trick of spraying really soapy water on the edges of the film, and into the side gaskets of the windows, but they are possibly worse than the early 90's Accords.

Hoosier,

I do a few of those a month. I tape the seals and do the same soapy water trick. :rollin

I use the trick of spraying really soapy water on the edges of the film, and into the side gaskets of the windows, but they are possibly worse than the early 90's Accords.

Hoosier,

I do a few of those a month. I tape the seals and do the same soapy water trick. :thumb

The new ones have smooth rubber seals, so there's no fuzzies to tape. Do you still tape them to help the film slip behind? I'd be afraid that'd just make the gap even tighter :rollin

Guest willie

Hoosier,

I do a few of those a month. I tape the seals and do the same soapy water trick. :rollin

The new ones have smooth rubber seals, so there's no fuzzies to tape. Do you still tape them to help the film slip behind? I'd be afraid that'd just make the gap even tighter :thumb

I tape everything that I cant remove.

And I used a taped up old drivers license or my ez reach on those :inot

I have a 2 door version in my shop now, first one and the seals are TIGHT AS HELL, I had to do both fronts 2 times before I got the film to slide in the way I wanted, I even DOUBLED the slip solution and still had problems, these seals will go down as one of the tightest I have had yet... :dunno and good luck for tuckers cause I even removed the lower seal and they were still a bitch... Hope someone figures out a trick...

Guest Dentless Dave

Just pull the door panels back a little and pull the gasket out. DONE!

You may have to lube the gasket up a little with water to get them to slide in, but it makes the 08's so friggen easy!

I work for a Ford Dealership and I've tinted over 100 of these damn things!

dave.

Archived