08 Focus 4dr.

hoosierwindowtek

Guest tint_man_00_satx

Why try to kill yourself just cut it shorter down the front side of back rollup, angle your blade in. Front windows also cut it short near the mirrors and cut it short on longer side angle your knife in. Push on the glass at the top to force it out and slide the film in. No shirnking on none of the rollups. It's a slam now!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just got my first one in , I just prepped the car (soaped the back glass and took out the bottom seals . Just having a bowl of cereal , I'll report back to give my :rollin on the drs :crazy

Yep..these seals suckk very tight, however I only really found the 2 front door tight..the backs were reasonable. On my second front door I did I put some palmolive dish detergent on my baby finger and ran it along the side seals. when I went to place the tint on, it glided in much easier :evilgrin

Yep..these seals suckk very tight, however I only really found the 2 front door tight..the backs were reasonable. On my second front door I did I put some palmolive dish detergent on my baby finger and ran it along the side seals. when I went to place the tint on, it glided in much easier :lol

:lol

that's why we like you.

Does anybody have any good tricks for dealing with those?

I use the trick of spraying really soapy water on the edges of the film, and into the side gaskets of the windows, but they are possibly worse than the early 90's Accords.

the front gaskets do come out so you can tint them. I have had some so tint it ripped thru the film a month later. THE CURE!!!! take the gasket out of the top back corner. use pliers or channel locks to bend the metal back just a touch, put gasket back in and tint as normal, cake walk

I cut no more than 1/16" or 1/8" excess into the side channels, less than normal, helps a little. Even "flush" wont show if positioned just right. Just gotta watch it close while positioning. And bottom drop the whole piece in so it can't kink.

They don't get any easier until the 2012 model.

Archived