which way?

I just started using suntek after using Llumar for many years. I like the carbon films, but I hate that they wind the film with the clear on the outside. I was tinting a mustang with it and the film wanted to roll up on the sides. :lol2 I had to heat the glass up for it to stick. I don't understand why they roll it that way. I called suntek to see if they would wind it the other way for me and they said yes. But the next time that I called to place an order they said that they couldn't do that. They said that maybe it did that because it was cold. Well, I don't have heat in my shop and I am not going to do that to every car all winter long.

I just wanted to know if anybody has the same problem.

Also, I would like to know if there is anybody that likes to have the film rolled with the clear on the outside. If so, WHY? :rollin

I've used carbon without any problems, but its always about 70 in our shop :lol2. I personally like the liner on the outside but thats what im used to. lulu likes to fall of windows & cutting boards before installed :rollin . Maybe the llumar adhesive is more aggresive?

Guest willie

Never had a problem with the carbon :rollin

I like it rolled that way, look around the board alot are bitching about the way llullu rolls there.

Its just personal preference :thumb

Exactly what willie said...most around here complain about llullu being wound backwards. I am with you though, I like the way llullu rolls theirs. I guess it all about what you are used to. :rollin

Exactly what willie said...most around here complain about llullu being wound backwards. I am with you though, I like the way llullu rolls theirs. I guess it all about what you are used to. :thumb

Same here, when you pull LLumar off the roll you don't have to flip in over to lay it on the car to begin cutting....

All other, you have to flip over to the correct side before getting started... Makes little sense to me... :rollin

Guest darkdan

Yes it is.

I think they refuse to change it because they claim it helps maintain optical clarity.

Not very optically clear after it rolls off the peeler and lands on the floor!!!!

Guest Texstar
Yes it is.

I think they refuse to change it because they claim it helps maintain optical clarity.

Not very optically clear after it rolls off the peeler and lands on the floor!!!!

:rollin

Archived