Did I do that?

Guest allprotinter

Guest allprotinter

A custy came in with a Chrysler 300. We put 20% on it. The custy says something in back window.(small hair by break light)

He gets to the shop and has more widows to be checked. We removed all tint put it all back on.(looks great) custy calls and leaves a message at 9pm, says radio doesn't work when he turn on his defrost.

He says its because we removed the film from the back glass.( bagged it came no glue) He wants the shop to replace back glass.

We take it to our guy, he says his neighbor is a safelite installer and he was going to get him to do it. Smells fishy to me.

Why does a person turn on defrost on warm night? How can you mess up the antaena with scrapping back glass? Is this really our fault?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest thatsnappyguy

well...we had a situation like that on a lexus that we did a full metal film on..antena was in the back glass...I know all about this rulke of thunb, but I had totally forgot in that instance...had to redo the whole thing with no metal film and everything was straight.

A custy came in with a Chrysler 300. We put 20% on it. The custy says something in back window.(small hair by break light)

He gets to the shop and has more widows to be checked. We removed all tint put it all back on.(looks great) custy calls and leaves a message at 9pm, says radio doesn't work when he turn on his defrost.

He says its because we removed the film from the back glass.( bagged it came no glue) He wants the shop to replace back glass.

We take it to our guy, he says his neighbor is a safelite installer and he was going to get him to do it. Smells fishy to me.

Why does a person turn on defrost on warm night? How can you mess up the antaena with scrapping back glass? Is this really our fault?

was it cheaper to get the car tinted as compared to replacing back glass? sounds fishy if so. if neighbor is safelite installer, he probably told him to get it tinted then removed and blame the shop for the problem if it already existed. however, you said bagged it, no glue. then asked "How can you mess up the antaena with scrapping back glass?" why scrape it if no glue? if you scraped it, most likely your bad. if you didn't scrape it, I would ask some questions. :mad

Guest darkdan

Yeah, AT shouldn't do it.

I have had it when I bagged and then steamed off a piece of tint it took all the defrosters with it even though it left behind no glue.

Does the radio work at all or just not when the defroster is on?

Maybe there was some moisture and turning on the defroster shorted something!

Maybe it didn't work previously!

Maybe go to a Chrysler dealership and test to see if the radio works with the defroster on! Maybe it's a design flaw that the defroster ruins the reception!

Archived