Anyone deal with crap like this....

We have a local company in the CT/Mass are who is the most unscrupulous person I have ever seen. Over the past 15 years, he has done every dirty trick to steal business from others. First, he undercut pricing when he knew he was quoting against others(by as much a $2-3 / square). Then he starts usung other companies names(or versions ) in his advertising. Now, he will go in for a qoute and, if he knows he is first to be there, will tell them he owns the other companies they have called. Tells them they are subsidiaries of his company. The part that stinks is that no one wants to get involved and testify against him. Everyone in this market knows of him and his practices, but there is not much we can do.......Ever hear of this one???

Wow... that's a rough one... I have seen similar things in business....

Typically those folks don't last long... they are a pain in your side for a bit then evaporate when their lie's catch up with them.. :twocents

Guest vclimber
We have a local company in the CT/Mass are who is the most unscrupulous person I have ever seen. Over the past 15 years, he has done every dirty trick to steal business from others. First, he undercut pricing when he knew he was quoting against others(by as much a $2-3 / square). Then he starts usung other companies names(or versions ) in his advertising. Now, he will go in for a qoute and, if he knows he is first to be there, will tell them he owns the other companies they have called. Tells them they are subsidiaries of his company. The part that stinks is that no one wants to get involved and testify against him. Everyone in this market knows of him and his practices, but there is not much we can do.......Ever hear of this one???

File a complaint to Your Secretary of State. Get others involved, build a paper trail of evidence. May or may not help but if enough people complain they may do something... :twocents

If you can weather the storm... you can also target his projects and just under bid until he has no work and must move on.... :thumb (I like to call it 'buying the business' Haha...)

Guest willie

File a complaint to Your Secretary of State. Get others involved, build a paper trail of evidence. May or may not help but if enough people complain they may do something... :beer

:thumb That and the Better Business Bureau

Guest clint4883
How about a can full of gas and a box of matches :beer

I like that idea the best! :thumb

I was thinking the bbb and get all the other shops to do the same. if they get enough complaints they will do something.

Guest vclimber

The BBB can only list that they have a complaint(s) against you. If nobody checks the BBB then nobody will ever know about it... They have nothing more that they can do to a business. The Sec of States Office can make your life miserable if there is any kind of fraud etc...

Archived