Blizzard of 2008

Well its official......14 inches of snow fel over the last 10 hrs. I was unfortunate enough to have to work at the hospital from 7p-7a lastnight and when it came time to clock out, they said no one could leave due to the numerous call offs and potential for more snow. So after being up 20 hrs I had to end up staying until about 3pm today. And guess what we didnt even get paid to stay because we were there just as standbys. Oh they were nice enough o provide hard azz cots to take naps on, but how much can you sleep with about 50 other people tossing and turning in an assembly room......Maybe I will go out and hang some door hangers..... :thumb:beer

100_1716.jpg

100_1715.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've got a :twocents load and it's still coming, right till tomorrow. I'll post pics tomorrow when it's at it's worst :beer Some areas up here are getting 50 cm (almost 20 inches). It's a mess. Oh, and saw something cool... we got thunder and lightning while it was snowing earlier. Haven't heard that before :twocents:twocents

Guest thatsnappyguy

u can have all that snow. I seen snow once in 1989 and again on christmas day 3-4 years ago. that christmas day it snowed, it lasted maybe an hour...I dont ever want to see that again

I'm sure justn8 and myself can snap a few pics tomorrow to show you snowbanks :beer I've been out 4 times today shovelling

5 ft snowbanks on each side of the driveway all the way down :twocents

u can have all that snow. I seen snow once in 1989 and again on christmas day 3-4 years ago. that christmas day it snowed, it lasted maybe an hour...I dont ever want to see that again

I hate you :beer We can trade though.... really, I don't have a problem with it at all.

I'm sure justn8 and myself can snap a few pics tomorrow to show you snowbanks :beer I've been out 4 times today shovelling

5 ft snowbanks on each side of the driveway all the way down :twocents

I gave up... shovelled earlier. Forget it after that. I'll just take the truck and borrow my grandfather's snow blower tomorrow, do it all in one shot :twocents:twocents

Guest thatsnappyguy

snowbank...is that like a mini levee system for your driveway? maybe u can come show some of them guys over here how to build those.

I have a snowblower..but not one that was meant for a winter like we just had ..I'll have to get a kick a$$ machine for next winter :beer

Archived