Do I have Llumar clear uv tint on car?

Guest kangta13

Guest kangta13

Stupid question.. but just had my car tinted at sunshield in sherman oaks.. I asked for clear uv protection on the front windshield of the car. but looking outside in on the windshield.. with doors and hatch open.. that's looking just through one layer of tint with light coming in (its a hatchback). the film looks dark? it looks the same almost like side doors.. almost like 35 - 50 percent.. I took it back to the shop the next day.. and he showed me the 35 percent llumar and "supposedly" a sample that was the 99 clear.. and the clear looked only slightly lighter than the 35 percent.. now I'm not very familiar with the clear tint.. so didn't want to argue.. but am I wrong?? doesn't clear mean clear? anyone in the tint business know the answer to this.. and if need be, I can post pics comparing side and windshield with one layer open to sun.. I'm in the san gabriel, ca area.. so if need be, willing to take it to a shop to get it checked.. preferrable if llumar clear uv.. so I can prove it to the shop and get money back..

Guest darkdan

The automotive UV clear is 78% VLT.

Which should be MUCH MUCH lighter than 35%.

Of course, 78% of the film combined with the 75% of the windshield will need about 55% to 60% VLT once combined.

Windshields already block UV due to the laminate in between the pieces of annealed glass. There is no need to tint your windshield to block UV, the tinter should have told you that. I'd take it back and have it removed.

Also applying film to your windshield changes the way it reacts in a crash and isn't as safe as it would be otherwise, whereas the windshield haves some give when struck with your head in a crash.

Guest kangta13

Okay that makes sense then.. I've been thinking sucker like they messed up.. and just didn't want to re-do it.. yeah the guy possibly should have told me 78 percent.. combined with factory tint would be darker.. I remember asking if 99 percent for visibility.. and he said yeah.. your answers were really helpful, thanks.. at least I understand why it's dark now.. guess I'll just go about removing it myself... especially if for safety alone.. shame on sunshield in sherman oaks.. don't tell 99 percent if not..

Windshields already block UV due to the laminate in between the pieces of annealed glass. There is no need to tint your windshield to block UV, the tinter should have told you that. I'd take it back and have it removed.

Also applying film to your windshield changes the way it reacts in a crash and isn't as safe as it would be otherwise, whereas the windshield haves some give when struck with your head in a crash.

:thumb

I have it on one of my demo rides and it does not cast a distictive hue . the tint o meter reads 69%.. we all know what 50% tint meters at. Call lulu custy service and ask for a swatch card, just to make sure you did not get hood winked.... This film does not look like at70,sup70,up75 or insular70 in any way. Sounds like you got a generic.

Guest kangta13
I have it on one of my demo rides and it does not cast a distintive hue . the tint o meter reads 69%.. we all know what 50% tint meters at. Call lulu custy service and ask for a swatch card, just to make sure you did not get hood winked.... This film does not look like at70,sup70,up75 or insular70 in any way. Sounds like you got a generic.

Hmm.. think I will.. thanks for advice.. for me.. looking at the car.. looks like front shield is colored in.. unlike my girlfriend's car

which has comparable tint but no windshield tint looks clear.. I'll post pics tomorrow.. maybe that'll help.. really appreciate the help..

Guest darkdan

Yeah, but we need a point of reference. So you'll have to open up the door so we can compare the view through the windshield to an unobstructed view.

Remove it yourself?! That's on them.

I have it on one of my demo rides and it does not cast a distintive hue . the tint o meter reads 69%.. we all know what 50% tint meters at. Call lulu custy service and ask for a swatch card, just to make sure you did not get hood winked.... This film does not look like at70,sup70,up75 or insular70 in any way. Sounds like you got a generic.

Hmm.. think I will.. thanks for advice.. for me.. looking at the car.. looks like front shield is colored in.. unlike my girlfriend's car

which has comparable tint but no windshield tint looks clear.. I'll post pics tomorrow.. maybe that'll help.. really appreciate the help..

the current line of lulu UV Shield 75 has a water marked liner for authentication reasons. You will see a filtering haze effect when the sharp sun is directly on it from the inside looking out during sun rise and setting. :thumb

Archived