what is it with customers????

Guest fimmo

Guest fimmo

just spoke to scott up at tayside autotints, always good to speak to someone in the same business as they go through the same as you.

key west- been tinting for 9 years now, 5 full time, and after getting off the phone to the local police to report my own issue with my customer (so there is a record of it in case he was bluffing)I've decided as you say, not to talk to them anymore, I'll let the solicitors deal with that side.

I've nothing to hide as I've done nothing wrong and as for replacing the cd player, no way! I didnt damage it and as far as I'm concerned the customer is either trying it on for a new one or honestly doesnt know any better. I'm away for a few beers and a hour or two on call of duty 4,ps3. take my anger out on those poor soles lol

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I doubt that you would lose a small claims case here. You did NOT do anything with the CD player. You had no reason to be near it. You were not in the front of the car to tint anything either so you were only in the front to drive it in and out. I would stick to it and tell them that if they think you did anything to the CD player to take it up with the judge.

Guest Key West
I doubt that you would lose a small claims case here. You did NOT do anything with the CD player. You had no reason to be near it. You were not in the front of the car to tint anything either so you were only in the front to drive it in and out. I would stick to it and tell them that if they think you did anything to the CD player to take it up with the judge.

Who is YOUR lawyer? Dewey, Cheatham and Howe? You have obviously never been to court with a bitching custy. Here in Tn, If you accept the car, once it's in your care, you are responsible for anything that happens to that vehicle. And most states are REALLY similar in civil law. Especially small claims. But don't listen to what I say, only 1/2 my extended family are lawyers, the other half are Doctors. :shock They hate me anyway 'cuz I make as much as most of them.

Guest tint325i

fimmo what a nightmare!!

as I said to you on phone I have a fair idea what is wrong with that cd player, and the fact they have a young child makes me believe that even more, however I would keep that to yourself just now as if that does turn out to be what the problem is they will wonder how you knew that and would just look incriminating.

I hate when things like this happen but what makes it worse is when the customer automatically blames you, this just gets my back up and maes me not want to help, if they came in and said "there seems to be a problem with my cd player and I was wondering if u new anything about it or could sort it out for me?" they would have much more chance than when its- "you broke my cd player!!"

unfortunatly its just one of these things that we are up agains and as nick says hindsight is a great thing!!!

good luck with this one mate, stick to you guns, my usual rule is if someone isnt happy with something I fix it! mainly because its only the bad jobs that people hear about, no-one ever hears about the hundreds of good ones, however in case like this where you are totally sure its nothing to do with you I say stick to your guns!!!!

Guest secretagentswole

most likely its not scratched its a sqweeege mark.Tell them you stand behind the work no matter how long. And the cd thing I would tell him to go to the stereo shop and have his kids quarters taking out of it or his yanni cd unjamed.

Guest Diamond Tints
glasgow kiss? :lol6

:lol6

Shame there not from here, we would tell them to f**k off :bingo:lol6

Barry, when you noticed it you should have phoned them,thats what I do, Just say, Hi just started your car and noticed bl bla bla and are you aware of it or do want to see it before I start tinting it?

Archived