Perfect Shop Setup

Need to re-organize my shop to be more economical. I've found myself wandering around looking for something or walking around a car to get something that should have been within reach. Could some of you post pics of the inside of your shop or explain a particular setup you like and why? Having the right tools organized the right way has got to cut some time.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

the only thing I would think might be: one heat gun on each side of the car. I have my select tools that I take with me on each normal auto job. I have my Blue max, an 8" black rubber channel, a sideswiper, a conquistador, a black turbo, a cut down blue max, a scrubber with 0000 steel wool, can of sprayway glass cleaner, a roll of bounty towels, in my back pocket is a black sharpie, and in my shirt pocket are a chizler, a di-cut white hard card, a full white hard card, and my NT A1 Red dot olfa knife....

I have a mechanics stool that I take with me around the car. I have 2 pressure sprayers so that I have one in the car and one outside.

One way to cut time is to do the whole side of the car then go to the other side.....if you don't already...

the only thing I would think might be: one heat gun on each side of the car. I have my select tools that I take with me on each normal auto job. I have my Blue max, an 8" black rubber channel, a sideswiper, a conquistador, a black turbo, a cut down blue max, a scrubber with 0000 steel wool, can of sprayway glass cleaner, a roll of bounty towels, in my back pocket is a black sharpie, and in my shirt pocket are a chizler, a di-cut white hard card, a full white hard card, and my NT A1 Red dot olfa knife....

I have a mechanics stool that I take with me around the car. I have 2 pressure sprayers so that I have one in the car and one outside.

One way to cut time is to do the whole side of the car then go to the other side.....if you don't already...

I'm using a 2 pint sprayer. I need a pressure sprayer. making 10 trips a day to refill sux. what type of sprayer are you using?

I use a mechanics cart that has 3 shelves, 2 bottels, one hanging off the cart and one inside the car. ALL my tools are onthe cart(hand tools and tint tools) . I have a heat gun holder on the cart, I'm telling you, everything(needed for tinting) is there. :shock In the future I'm planning to build a cornelius bottle into the cart(if it don't take much room) This set up works for me, keep it well organized and you won't leave any tools in the car. Cheers!

I'm using a 2 pint sprayer. I need a pressure sprayer. making 10 trips a day to refill sux. what type of sprayer are you using?

Get ten sprayers and fill them all in the mourning. Get a glass on each side of the car. Heat gun on each side with the $20 3 prone retractable 50' extension cord on each side from home depot. 2 $30 craftsman stool, 2 buckets with water and all tools on each side. More time tinting cars priceless.

Try making 2x4 stand with wheels to put the glass on. When you get trucks, after you cut it out trace the back glass on the otherside so next time you have a template. :shock

I use the 2 liter Hudson Handy Sprayers that 44tools sells.....I can do 1 to 2 full 4 door cars with one of those alone....if I had a shop I would probably set up with a cornelius tank....

I have one of everything on each side of the car all on my mechanic stools...cept for the sprayer...but thanks to tintman237's instructions...which I will be forever greatful for :lol2 I will have a cornelius tank on each side of the car soon. :shock

Guest Key West

Hand trigger "Spray Master". Sometimes I use a pump up sprayer, but mostly a trigger sprayer.

When you get trucks, after you cut it out trace the back glass on the otherside so next time you have a template. :nope

Thats a great Idea about the truck patterns, but you'd have to have alot of 'em drawn out.

I have one of everything on each side of the car all on my mechanic stools...cept for the sprayer...but thanks to tintman237's instructions...which I will be forever greatful for :lol2I will have a cornelius tank on each side of the car soon. :shock

NO, NO, NO!!! I can tint an entire 4 dr car with less water than a tank throws out for a back glass. I know you can just "spritz", but I'm real careful how much water I use for cars. Lots of 'lectronics in them thar doors.

Tanks rock for commercial/residential, but for cars? Not for me!!!

Archived