Classic Venture Shield vs. ClearCoat Venture

Guest Ona

Which one do you prefer to use, the 'old' Venture Shield or the new Clear Coat?

Both seem to have problems, the old one has had a lot of marks in the glue, etc, and the new one gets a mark even from a rubber squegee. It's not very nice to have a white, ugly glue mark on a hood of a Ferrari or a 'nice' scratch...

Guest Marco

Both seem to have problems, the old one has had a lot of marks in the glue, etc, and the new one gets a mark even from a rubber squegee. It's not very nice to have a white, ugly glue mark on a hood of a Ferrari or a 'nice' scratch...

I like the old film I use the ultra 100% now. Usually when they were tweaking the equipment many rolls had issues with dirt and marks in the film. I don't remember a glue issue and the marks in the film are installer issues you need to keep the film wet with soap or try a different squeegee :lol6

Guest Marco

It's the smaller one, the customer decided last minute they only wanted the bumper and mirrors so I got stuck with a hood piece. It sucks when that happens :krazy

Guest JUSTIN
It's the smaller one, the customer decided last minute they only wanted the bumper and mirrors so I got stuck with a hood piece. It sucks when that happens :krazy

If you are not doing this already, charge them for the parts when they schedule the vehicle and let them know once they are ordered they can not be returned. We did this after a customer stood us up an an entire job. If they have to pay for parts when they set up the appointment, they are less likely to cancel, and if they do, you aren't stuck with parts you paid for and now can't sell or use. This will less of a problem if you ever decide to cut your own kits.

When we were ordering our kits, we did a 1 week reminder call to confirm the appointment, and at that time I let them know we would be ordering the parts so they could not change their minds. It worked for us. This requires someone manning the phone, but it beats being stood up for work after the part is ordered.

It's the smaller one, the customer decided last minute they only wanted the bumper and mirrors so I got stuck with a hood piece. It sucks when that happens :dunno

I'll take it if your not gonna use it..... :thumb I'll put it on something... :beer

:beer

I like the old film I use the ultra 100% now. Usually when they were tweaking the equipment many rolls had issues with dirt and marks in the film. I don't remember a glue issue and the marks in the film are installer issues you need to keep the film wet with soap or try a different squeegee :krazy

Ok, thanks, gotta try that one, the squegee should be the 'right' one, and fairly new, too and the installer knows all about wetting the film, so don't know... Just a tip for ya, the Ferrari factory has proven Venture Shield at least in Europe, and all the models need a LOT of Venture.. pricing can be very good, too...

Archived