ok to heat shrink back glass with vinyl lettering?

with the film being over the vinyl then you will not get that much heat onto the vinyl.......

I have never had any problems with heat bothering it. It does suck if the vinyl is near where you are going to cut or your shrinking edge. Use the button tip if you need to cut by the vinyl.

Guest clint4883

if its on a suv then it shouldn't get hot enough to mess with it at all. I don't know of really any suv that the glass gets that hot from heat shaping. I have heated over vinyl on cars and got it pretty warm and still didn't effect it at all.

Guest clint4883
think how hot the glass gets in the sun. I am sure you would not get it that hot. If you are then you are not moving anywhere fast enough over the film.

good point lildetails. if you get the glass hotter then that the film is probably melting.

Guest Katie0530

I usually check the vinyl lettering or graphics for corners that are starting to roll and I round them off, so that when im laying my shrink down I don't catch a raised corner and start to pull it off. Then shrink it normal I have never had a problem with to much heat on the vinyl. The only crappy part of vinyl is if it is an area where you need to cut and you can either cut softly or marker it and cut if off the window.

it shouldn't hurt the vinyl but if the sticker is close to the edge of your shrinking....it will sometimes take the shape of the sticker and can give a problem shrinking.....so just go ease with the heat.....ifit just a small or one sticker no problem....big one that cover the glass if there is alot of shrinking you may watch so you done pull a crease when you are smoothing the heated film........if its a sticker with a crapy edge you may run into problems aswell.....

Archived