Career Question

I'm graduating... oh boy... In less than three months I'll have a business management degree and I'm gettin offers to be a rep for parts co's and OEMs etc... pay is usually around 50k with a company car an yadda yadda yadda. I'm torn though, I've been workin for myself and having a blast, I want to relocate but there is no way I'll move and start up shop without knowing my market...

The other option is to work for another shop, take in more and go from there. Honestly.. what can you expect to make either running a shop or tinting at one or both? If someone wants to PM me info I would so truly appreciate it. I understand its not something we can all discuss here.

I know its a brief and quick question to something that could take forever to discuss, I came here to ask since I respect you all and also know that I can get a real answer not some fluff from a guy trying to hire me.

appreciated guys and gals

:krazy

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been on both sides of the fence.

I was a sales rep for an HR Co for over 4 yrs. And ofcourse you see where I spend my days now.

It might be a good idea to work as a rep for while just to save up some money. But you will have to be disciplined.

Then when you want to open your own shop you will be more prepared. Having money in the bank to support you while you get a business off the ground is a BIG stress reducer.

Good luck with whatever you do :krazy

thats my big thing, I have a lil debt from school and I wanted to bank so that I could have startup cash. Jebus this life stuff is fun, I'm thrilled that I have this option to move and do anything but damn its interesting.

Stay in school, get your MBA.

sorry, no can do. I'm 25 its time for work. That and I know I can get an employer to pay for my school after a year or two. A few good friends who graduated from the same program several years ago are now being paid to attend grad school.

And honestly.. I've always thought those who went straight from college to grad school are just too afraid of the real world and being removed from their parents teet.

dang I thought I'd get more input on this one...

easy there tiger! the thread has only been up for a little over an hour! some of us work for a livin ya know :beer :beer :krazy

tru dat... class has me all ansty... havent been in a desk for a coupla weeks.. :thumb

Guest TINTEM
I have been on both sides of the fence.

I was a sales rep for an HR Co for over 4 yrs. And ofcourse you see where I spend my days now.

It might be a good idea to work as a rep for while just to save up some money. But you will have to be disciplined.

Then when you want to open your own shop you will be more prepared. Having money in the bank to support you while you get a business off the ground is a BIG stress reducer.

Good luck with whatever you do :krazy

If I could do it over this is what I would/should have done....

Archived