Career Question

Take the job and the steady pay,pay off some dept and save some money,relocate and do some tinting on your days off after a couple years if you want to go out own your own you will know the market better and have a better chance at success .:krazy

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm graduating... oh boy... In less than three months I'll have a business management degree and I'm gettin offers to be a rep for parts co's and OEMs etc...

If you got a rep jop with and automotive company think nof all the contacts you can make for if and when you start your own venture,and get paid for it :thumb

Take the job and the steady pay,pay off some dept and save some money,relocate and do some tinting on your days off after a couple years if you want to go out own your own you will know the market better and have a better chance at success .:beer

:beer

I'd put the degree to work right away if I could.... :thumb

Good advice Mr.P

:thumb

I'm graduating... oh boy... In less than three months I'll have a business management degree and I'm gettin offers to be a rep for parts co's and OEMs etc...

If you got a rep jop with and automotive company think nof all the contacts you can make for if and when you start your own venture,and get paid for it :thumb

good advice there Mr. P much appreciated.

Take the job and the steady pay,pay off some dept and save some money,relocate and do some tinting on your days off after a couple years if you want to go out own your own you will know the market better and have a better chance at success .:twocents

couldnt have answered this one better :dunno

You asked what can you expect to make...

That depends on how much work you can do in a day. If you can tint a couple of cars a day, you could make comparable money to the job, but you have to have the work! Starting a new business, it's hard to get the amount of work right away to make a living. 50K plus a car/benefits would be REALLY hard to match right away @ your own shop. Starting a business takes a while to get off the ground.

HOWEVER, if you can tint more than 3-4 cars a day, get lots of flat work, etc., you could easily make more than 50K/year if the work is there. :nono

say you could do 3 cars a day, and you charge an average of 175.00/car, you'd make 525.00/day, 2625/week, 136,500/year IF you had the work.

In My opinion, the ABSOLUTE BEST way to have a tint business is home based if you can get a home with a spacious garage to work out of in an area where the neighbors won't complain. :nono Any questions, PM me.

get a job in the metro detroit area, and tint out here. mostly cuz then you wouldnt be an hour and a half drive and I could learn the shaved edges look, and then you'd put me out of business. haha. no way my engineering program schedule can compete with you. hahahaha.

but... I know you want to move to cali... sooo... do that, but get a place with a garage and tint weekends/nights until business picks up to where you gotta go on your own... at this point you'll have made some $$$ and saved some through your "career" and then youll also have a client base already started. good luck to you though...

p.s. call me back. haha. especially if you're comin to sterling heights any time soon.

You asked what can you expect to make...

That depends on how much work you can do in a day. If you can tint a couple of cars a day, you could make comparable money to the job, but you have to have the work! Starting a new business, it's hard to get the amount of work right away to make a living. 50K plus a car/benefits would be REALLY hard to match right away @ your own shop. Starting a business takes a while to get off the ground.

HOWEVER, if you can tint more than 3-4 cars a day, get lots of flat work, etc., you could easily make more than 50K/year if the work is there. :thumb

say you could do 3 cars a day, and you charge an average of 175.00/car, you'd make 525.00/day, 2625/week, 136,500/year IF you had the work.

In My opinion, the ABSOLUTE BEST way to have a tint business is home based if you can get a home with a spacious garage to work out of in an area where the neighbors won't complain. :thumb Any questions, PM me.

That is the gross for the year, gotta subtract taxes, cost of the film and all other expenses to come up with a net figure for the year.

Archived