tint in the news

Guest bigboyk2000

Guest bigboyk2000

ok, so I was watching the news a couple nights ago and a story came on about how a local town is planning to crack down on illegal tint jobs. What made this so funny is that the police officer had the law wrong. he didn't realize that the law had changed in 2005 from (25% on fronts and 10% rest) to 25% on all. he also didn't realize that the rear windows on MPV's fall under diferent guidelines. After hearing the story I thought I would give him a call to let him know about the revised law. Anyway now this police department wants me to meet with them so I can help them understand the law better and help raise awarness about tint laws and regulations. I don't know maybe its just me but wouldn't you think a law enforcement agency would be able to understand law by them selves.

Guest darkdan

Law enforcement agencies don't have to understand the law or how it works. They just need to know how to enforce it.

It's the court system that has to understand it.

But, at the same time you'd think they'd be able to read it and understand 25% all around....

Guest bigboyk2000
Well, yes.. but think of this as an opportunity to inform those who will be enforcing the laws what's what.

:twocents

thats true, but at the same time if I were going to go on the news and make a big deal about tint laws I would make sure I knew the law before hand

Guest JUSTIN
Well, yes.. but think of this as an opportunity to inform those who will be enforcing the laws what's what.

:dunno

thats true, but at the same time if I were going to go on the news and make a big deal about tint laws I would make sure I knew the law before hand

I couldn't agree more, if you are going public about something it's best to know the information first. I agree however that you should really take advantage of this to educate the officers. I can't tell you how bad it irks me when my customers come to me saying they got an illegal window tinting ticket b/c I tinted 35% over their factory window tint of their SUV. That cop didn't even have a pocket detective to measure, he just told her it was illegal and gave her a ticket.

Good job on contacting them :twocents

Actually this is very common. I went as far as keeping a printed copy of the revised law here in Ohio in my glove box on my show car when I still had it because I kept getting pulled over and every officer didnt know that the recent revised law permitted any darkness behind the driver and 50% on the fronts. Boy did they feel stupid. I also called the local PD to update them on the current law in regards to tint. The sergeant said he would update all his officers on the matter and thanked me.

I thought the cops had to know the law so they would know if a person was breaking the law ? :twocents

Good PR and might get you out of a ticket since they remember you helping them.

Pass out your card to them, might get some referrals, captive auduience for a sales presentation !

Archived