Noob Question

Guest kastro

Guest kastro

I had my tint done a week ago , I'm aware of bubbles, smokey hazzy look, and that it goes away, but I havent come across, bumpy line(s)?.. on my back window, I can accually feel a lil slumpy bumpy maybe a 1" long not that wide line , now I know tint needs a month or so to be fully cured and dried up, but I dont see how a bumpy feeling thing would go away??.. should I concered, or is it normal.. not sure..it almost feels like a line of frozen water... though I'd ask away the experts before I go in the shop and raise hell.. thanks.. .

Guest secretagentswole
I had my tint done a week ago , I'm aware of bubbles, smokey hazzy look, and that it goes away, but I havent come across, bumpy line(s)?.. on my back window, I can accually feel a lil slumpy bumpy maybe a 1" long not that wide line , now I know tint needs a month or so to be fully cured and dried up, but I dont see how a bumpy feeling thing would go away??.. should I concered, or is it normal.. not sure..it almost feels like a line of frozen water... though I'd ask away the experts before I go in the shop and raise hell.. thanks.. .

you got to be a lil more clear.

did it have tint before or a tag in the window??

sure its not a defroster line??

may just be a moisture blister.

Guest kastro

ok, it's a 04 audi A4, never past tinted, it's right on top of the defroster lines but not touching, about a 1" vertical line, what worries me, and I'm a perfectionist, everything has to be perfect, is that, I can feel it.... almost like a hard winkle, I donno.. weird.. just wondering if its normal..

you say you can feel it....can you see it? if not...whats the big deal? do you "feel" your back glass often enough for it to be a problem? :evilgrin:spit:duck

You say its possibly frozen water...if so...give it time...it'll dry :lol2 like you said...it takes up to a month...sometimes even more in colder climates to totally dry....so dont goin into a shop raisin anything till then at least :spit

Guest losdawg

There is no such thing as a "perfect" tint job. If its cold enough to freeze give a whole month to dry. Like Slick said if you only feel it but cant see it it should be OK.

Guest kastro

sorry I didnt add.. I can see it ..lolol.. it's bothering me.... I have 8% tint all around, and it looks like a black board with a 1" of white line, like a black car with a scratch, its annoying, so came here to see if its normal...

I always tell my customers to call or come in if they are worried about something.....

That is what I suggest for you also. There is absolutely no way to tell what is going on without pictures PLUS there is nothing we can do without the car.... :spit

Archived