Johnson vs Suntek

Guest TintMeUp

Guest TintMeUp

Using johnson silhouette at the moment as im starting out with tinting, but I want to possibly have the best film going and I hear johnsons adhesive aint all that great and that it fades purple etc, anyone ever used johnson silhouette and suntek carbon? and which is better?

ps im guessing suntek carbon because it comes with a lifetime warranty, so thats good :twocents and also does anyone know where the suntek carbon can be bought, tried bonwyke.co.uk but cant find it

cheers for any replies ;)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest thatsnappyguy
Personal preference only I would definitely choose the Suntek :bingo

:poop yea. definitely. im not goin talk smack about johnson...but suntek carbon is wayyyy better and last longer.

Guest irishhanks2
Using johnson silhouette at the moment as im starting out with tinting, but I want to possibly have the best film going and I hear johnsons adhesive aint all that great and that it fades purple etc, anyone ever used johnson silhouette and suntek carbon? and which is better?

ps im guessing suntek carbon because it comes with a lifetime warranty, so thats good :bingo and also does anyone know where the suntek carbon can be bought, tried bonwyke.co.uk but cant find it

I used to use silh 35, but since I started with the graystone all never go back to there silh. One of my buddies said he starting to have cars he done with silh come back from three years ago, The film is just getting distorted . the only film they got that will fade is there ray gard its a dyed film. The silh. is metalized bad for new cars with the annt. made in rear glass The graystone is not dyed or metalized its just awsome and very forgiving. It cost more but it is worth it

Guest tintgod

ps im guessing suntek carbon because it comes with a lifetime warranty, so thats good :bingo and also does anyone know where the suntek carbon can be bought, tried bonwyke.co.uk but cant find it

graystone is not dyed or metalized its just awsome very forgiving it cost more but is worth it

:poop

Guest mhun9180

Johnson did have adhesive and discoloration problems some years ago, but they upgraded the dye and the adhesive two and a bit years ago. The SP on my wife's car looks the same as it did 2 years ago, so fingers crossed they fixed the problem. IMO Suntek and JWF are the same. Very comparable in price and quality. :bingo

Guest thatsnappyguy
Johnson did have adhesive and discoloration problems some years ago, but they upgraded the dye and the adhesive two and a bit years ago. The SP on my wife's car looks the same as it did 2 years ago, so fingers crossed they fixed the problem. IMO Suntek and JWF are the same. Very comparable in price and quality. :dunno

I had did my dads truck with suntek sample roll about 3-4 years ago...still looks great. cars that I was doin at the same time with sp look like crap. hazy, purple....just nasty. I can always tell a sp job when a get a r/r. can anyone else basically tell what kind of film they are pulling off??? we see alot of clear madico, purple+hazy sp, freaked out sungard, pealed up llumar(at)

Guest irishhanks2
Johnson did have adhesive and discoloration problems some years ago, but they upgraded the dye and the adhesive two and a bit years ago. The SP on my wife's car looks the same as it did 2 years ago, so fingers crossed they fixed the problem. IMO Suntek and JWF are the same. Very comparable in price and quality. :dunno

I had did my dads truck with suntek sample roll about 3-4 years ago...still looks great. cars that I was doin at the same time with sp look like crap. hazy, purple....just nasty. I can always tell a sp job when a get a r/r. can anyone else basically tell what kind of film they are pulling off??? we see alot of clear madico, purple+hazy sp, freaked out sungard, pealed up llumar(at)

agreed I see a lot a lot of llumar I been use johnson for a long time never had a problem...............yet lol I had a maddco sells men in my shop tell me about color dyed stable films I mean what the he$$ is color stable dyed film is the a such thing as dyed and color stable in the same sintince so I ask how is this posable he said it last about two to four years I said well thats not to stable his come back was .... get this ... most people trade or buy a new car every two or three years which is true but the next person that buys that car with this purple hazzy film with your sticker on it dont know color blah blah all they see is you put crap flim on that car and if it bubbles up over the years all they see is you don't know how to tint damn ..........there I go ramblin agian lol

Archived