Johnson vs Suntek

Guest TintMeUp

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Kokomo Tint & Dent

So I'm getting that carbon and greystone are equal quality. I think I heard that Greystone dosen't have the green color to it which is good. My only questions are where are Johnson films made, how is the customer service, and how is it to work with (install, shrink)?

Follow up: I got my sample of greystone. I think it has a touch of blue in it but it's not too bad. I believe Joe told me JWF is coated and laminated in CA (Suntek is coated and laminated on the east coast.. VA??). Customer Service is great so far. Joe saw my e-mail I sent and I got a call a few hours after. I haven't got a chance to install it yet so that result is pending.

We use ST HP and Carbon. Carbon is a great film, shrinks well, looks good. I've got a sample roll of Greystone that's going on a Mini tomorrow. I like the look and the feel of the Greystone, will post back results when I install. I've used the Executive and RayGuard JWF as well. Executive looks like a metal film, and goes on well. The RayGuard was very thin, but still worked fairly easy, didn't feel like it wanted to crease or wrinkle on me. Although it was thin, it didn't feel "flimsy"

Guest TintMasterTim

Carbon is green and rubbery. If you get any side fingers on back glass with suntek it sometimes turns into a smearing frenzy which is why I stopped using it. Johnson lays better on back glass I think and does not have that green look. But their both pretty good...

Guest Total tint
Carbon is green and rubbery. If you get any side fingers on back glass with suntek it sometimes turns into a smearing frenzy which is why I stopped using it. Johnson lays better on back glass I think and does not have that green look. But their both pretty good...

:thumb

all I use is carbon from st dont look green to me, used johnsons a while back to many problems with delamantion

Archived