Johnson vs Suntek

Guest TintMeUp

I have used almost every brand of film I could get my hands on, and the Sun Tek, is green. But It shrinks good,and has awsome clarity.. and its pretty averagely priced.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Kokomo Tint & Dent

Finally got to use some greystone on a Liberty front two window tint. The stuff is crazy stiff compared to the 3M CS I'm use to. It took me a couple tries on each front window to learn a good install technique. I tried my normal 3/4 peel, stick the top, roll up, stick the bottom at first with a pulled door panel. That creased the film from too much bending. I got the job done by doing a full liner peel, slide in bottom front first with window cracked. The greystone seems like it slips more and longer with the same slip solution. Still waiting to do a back glass though.

Did my 98 formula and a couple trucks with Carbon. So So results, nothing special. I think I'll vote for greystone so far cause the SR coating feels better, and I like the color a little more.

Guest Nik Sandars@Bonwyke
Finally got to use some greystone on a Liberty front two window tint. The stuff is crazy stiff compared to the 3M CS I'm use to. It took me a couple tries on each front window to learn a good install technique. I tried my normal 3/4 peel, stick the top, roll up, stick the bottom at first with a pulled door panel. That creased the film from too much bending. I got the job done by doing a full liner peel, slide in bottom front first with window cracked. The greystone seems like it slips more and longer with the same slip solution. Still waiting to do a back glass though.

Did my 98 formula and a couple trucks with Carbon. So So results, nothing special. I think I'll vote for greystone so far cause the SR coating feels better, and I like the color a little more.

Thanks guys for all the nice comments about SUNTEK... like I say, you know a good film when you try it, install it and forget it does what it says on the box, no hassle, no worries, just tint it..

Cheers

Archived