What the heck is wrong with you Suzy Safedrivers

Guest livingaboard

All due respect Olfa and sorry for your loss, But did the peice of :beer that killed those cops have illegal tint? I personaly believe if someone is going to try something like that, tint isn't going to change anything. I feel like law enforcement should order you out of the car if they can't see in from the car with a spotlight. Though I don't like his approach I kinda have to agree with the point livingabroad is trying to make. Also any time I've ever been pulled over the cop had a bright mag light that made my 15% look clear.

BTW that picture is sad, but it's being used for legislation propaganda, and isn't that wrong?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, Ive never seen anybody get banned on there first post

Anybody taking bets on who this is :beer

It's really hard to say because... this person actually has a grasp of how to use the English language and assemble sentences and use grammar :beer:thumb

Guest h0wld0g

personally if I wanted to shoot a cop I could do it without having a single window in my car... every cop car is equipped with a p.a. and a cop takes his job knowing the risks... and if he or she is too scared to walk up to a vehicle because of tint or no tint whip out the pa and say step out of the vehicle makes life so much easier... in lousiana I hear the cops tell them to step out of the vehicle regardless... all in all I respect cops and am glad we have them cuz they do I job I wouldnt consider.. but not being able to tint illegally has lost me alot of money and it doesnt seem fair.. I had a customer call yesterday said he wanted 20 percent all the way around on his truck I said I can do it on the back but the front has to be 28 percent mississippi legal he said alright bud ill do to lousiana and have it done...if a person wants illegal tint the ticket should go to them not the shop also... another point... in mississippi you can get a medical exemption for tint that allows tinting of any darkness on any window whos to say the guy I tinted 5% all the way around and 35% on the windshield the other day isnt plannin on shooting a cop? you cant see in 28% at night so why not give tinting some purpose and make everyones lives better by making it 20% all the way around on cars.

Guest irishhanks2
personally if I wanted to shoot a cop I could do it without having a single window in my car... every cop car is equipped with a p.a. and a cop takes his job knowing the risks... and if he or she is too scared to walk up to a vehicle because of tint or no tint whip out the pa and say step out of the vehicle makes life so much easier... in lousiana I hear the cops tell them to step out of the vehicle regardless... all in all I respect cops and am glad we have them cuz they do I job I wouldnt consider.. but not being able to tint illegally has lost me alot of money and it doesnt seem fair.. I had a customer call yesterday said he wanted 20 percent all the way around on his truck I said I can do it on the back but the front has to be 28 percent mississippi legal he said alright bud ill do to lousiana and have it done...if a person wants illegal tint the ticket should go to them not the shop also... another point... in mississippi you can get a medical exemption for tint that allows tinting of any darkness on any window whos to say the guy I tinted 5% all the way around and 35% on the windshield the other day isnt plannin on shooting a cop? you cant see in 28% at night so why not give tinting some purpose and make everyones lives better by making it 20% all the way around on cars.

wow not a single window :dunno I mean how the hell do see to drive ???

Guest irishhanks2

anything dark then 20% is harder to see out at night and bad weather. you dont have to E=mc to know that wake up dud they make the law you pay when you break it ...........the end

Guest Key West
When was the last time you had to walk up on a car you just pulled over on a desolate road at night and got shot in the face because you couldn't see the driver reaching under his seat for his glock?

cops_killed_0926.jpg

amen!! that says it all

Thats absolutely lame. Don't play the "Sympathy for the poor, under appreciated officer of the law" card. That justification for the current laws won't hold water. While you're at it, post pics of the officers slain along side the road during traffic stops by other vehicles, or pics of the dead officers that got shot during a domestic dispute. See which category gets you more pics as well. By law enforcements own admission, LEO safety is NOT a real threat, it's only a thinly veiled justification. They do not crack down on the illegal shops, for the most part, because illegal tint will give them probable cause to pull you over where no other probable cause exists and they like that.

The ONLY reason I keep it legal is the fact that it's against the law. If the laws change, so does my business model. Now, if you want to talk about the real safety issue, how dark is too dark to see out of safely at night, no prob!! But even then, thats a subjective. Everyones eyes are different. I have no problem seeing thru 20% at night, and I live in a semi-rural area, and am night blind as well. (But I DO have a REAL MedEx) What made this country great was the fact that we "used to" have the right to do things that others thought were stupid. Yep, stupid, but as long as it did not infringe upon thier right to do what I feel is stupid, nobody has a right to tell you what you can or cannot do.

If you feel that a cop has the right to a completely safe working environment, then by all means lets put glass walls and doors on our houses, so that they can see what they are up against when they are serving warrants,  or responding to a domestic dispute (FAR and above the most unpredictable and dangerous situation a cop faces) They already have thermal imaging, for christs sake!! They CAN see into your house and thats not a good thing.

I am not anti law enforcement, just anti legal system. Our legal system is broken, and cannot be fixed in it's current state. Our government is already WAAY too intrusive into our private lives.

But then, thats not something too many of you out there are really worried about, is it? You can't be bothered with constitutional rights, unless of course they are YOUR rights, in which case I'll bet you I can hear you screaming about it way down heah in nawth by gawd jawergah!!!

Keep in mind when they are trying to enact legislation that targets the "rights" of criminals. What is applicable to one, is applicable to all. They take away a right that protects the criminal, they take away a right that protects YOU as well. You may not think that it affects you, but when it finally DOES affect you, it's TOO LATE!!!

Guest Thetintcenter

Question? I have seen a lot of commercially wrapped vehicles driving around that no one can see in through. Isn't that a loophole in the laws about tint darkness? These vehicles don't have any tint on them but you can't see the driver. I am a legal tinter in case anyone was wondering. It just bothers me that businesses with full wraps on there cars can get away with this. :rollin

Guest h0wld0g

"true-tinter" your wrong E=mc squared... and the fact of the matter is not a car with all metal use your E=mc to figure that figuritive speech out if a cop walks up to my car and all four windows are down I could still shoot him just as well as with dark tint... and if they were worried about 20% being too dark to see out of at night or in bad weather new mexico's law wouldnt be 20% all the way around a car.. or does it not get dark there or ever rain? the fact of the matter is everyone is subject to voice their opinion and you my friend should act like an elder with some class about yourself with 15 years experience instead of letting a 20 year old with 3 and a half years experience tell you how you should act

Guest Key West
Question? I have seen a lot of commercially wrapped vehicles driving around that no one can see in through. Isn't that a loophole in the laws about tint darkness? These vehicles don't have any tint on them but you can't see the driver. I am a legal tinter in case anyone was wondering. It just bothers me that businesses with full wraps on there cars can get away with this. :dunno

I guarantee that you can see the driver thru the front two. This is just one more case of selective enforcement. Next, you're gonna see the new "cross-overs" coming out with factory tint. And how about the laws wording? An SUV/Multi purpose vehicle is one that is built on a truck frame, designed to carry 6 passengers or more, or designed for occasional off-road use. The PT Cruiser is basically a Neon wagon, yet it has factory tint, a WRX is a rally car, designed for off-road, yet dark film is illegal for them (As of now. If someone challenges it tho........ :dunno )

They can make a law that contravenes the constitution, and if nobody challenges it it stays. Case in point. The gun control laws have been pretty much unconstitutional for decades, yat the supreme court is JUST NOW hearing it on its constitutional merits. Because someone is finally challenging them.

Tint laws stay in effect because it's cheaper to just pay the fine than it would be to fight. And people bitch about the government overstepping thier bounds, yet do nothing to stop them. And if you think its OK to "give up a few rights" in the name of national security :dunno "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security, deserves neither, and will lose both." B. Franklin

When was the last time you had to walk up on a car you just pulled over on a desolate road at night and got shot in the face because you couldn't see the driver reaching under his seat for his glock?

cops_killed_0926.jpg

amen!! that says it all

Thats absolutely lame. Don't play the "Sympathy for the poor, under appreciated officer of the law" card. That justification for the current laws won't hold water. While you're at it, post pics of the officers slain along side the road during traffic stops by other vehicles, or pics of the dead officers that got shot during a domestic dispute. See which category gets you more pics as well. By law enforcements own admission, LEO safety is NOT a real threat, it's only a thinly veiled justification. They do not crack down on the illegal shops, for the most part, because illegal tint will give them probable cause to pull you over where no other probable cause exists and they like that.

The ONLY reason I keep it legal is the fact that it's against the law. If the laws change, so does my business model. Now, if you want to talk about the real safety issue, how dark is too dark to see out of safely at night, no prob!! But even then, thats a subjective. Everyones eyes are different. I have no problem seeing thru 20% at night, and I live in a semi-rural area, and am night blind as well. (But I DO have a REAL MedEx) What made this country great was the fact that we "used to" have the right to do things that others thought were stupid. Yep, stupid, but as long as it did not infringe upon thier right to do what I feel is stupid, nobody has a right to tell you what you can or cannot do.

If you feel that a cop has the right to a completely safe working environment, then by all means lets put glass walls and doors on our houses, so that they can see what they are up against when they are serving warrants,  or responding to a domestic dispute (FAR and above the most unpredictable and dangerous situation a cop faces) They already have thermal imaging, for christs sake!! They CAN see into your house and thats not a good thing.

I am not anti law enforcement, just anti legal system. Our legal system is broken, and cannot be fixed in it's current state. Our government is already WAAY too intrusive into our private lives.

But then, thats not something too many of you out there are really worried about, is it? You can't be bothered with constitutional rights, unless of course they are YOUR rights, in which case I'll bet you I can hear you screaming about it way down heah in nawth by gawd jawergah!!!

Keep in mind when they are trying to enact legislation that targets the "rights" of criminals. What is applicable to one, is applicable to all. They take away a right that protects the criminal, they take away a right that protects YOU as well. You may not think that it affects you, but when it finally DOES affect you, it's TOO LATE!!!

Damn Key..... looks like I am gonna have to pizz in your thermus when you come to PA .... :p1ss :dunno:dunno:dunno

Archived