DAP 7

Guest socalkid

Guest socalkid

Anyone out there using there plotter to cut both tint and film? My guy uses DAP 7. We bought a cheap roll of tint to experiment on since we've never used the tint section of the program.

We are having problems with using the right cutting pressure. The plotter blade was at 10 with the blue blade. cutting through the liner but barely grazing the film. Liner side is up, is that wrong?

Also our first few cuts were about a 1/4" short all around, any tips on making correcting these adjustments to cut & fit right? :thumb

I hope you were kidding but if not, no the film is to be placed upwards with the liner on the bottom. once your pattern is cut, remove excess tint around the pattern. take your window, install on vehicle. and 99% the time, trim to fit. (main reason ill never use a plotter to tint. the cuts in the program are horrible!)

Guest tintgod
I hope you were kidding but if not, no the film is to be placed upwards with the liner on the bottom. once your pattern is cut, remove excess tint around the pattern. take your window, install on vehicle. and 99% the time, trim to fit. (main reason ill never use a plotter to tint. the cuts in the program are horrible!)

:thumb ..you should be cutting the film..not the liner.

Guest tintgod

and..you just have to play around with the depth of the blade..and the pressure..trial and error...and every film is different..do to it being different thicknesses.

I have cut and tried and trashed lots of the Xpel DAP tint patterns (because they didn't fit well not that they didn't cut well)....

I have a Graphtec FC7000 I use.. Settings..

Force - 12

Speed - 10

Quality - 4

Offset - 0

I used 40" wide material... use just the outside rollers as they will 'mark' the film and it's not very pretty on a window....

I will continue to beat my drums about how I thing Xpel makes the best paint protection patterns available..... However....

I do not like anything about their tint patterns..... As you have experienced.. They ofter come up short, the top edges often are not even with the glass....

and in the grand scheme of things they (the computer cut tint patterns) are expensive (1 mis-cut and you have doubled your material cost and wasted labor time), slower, and not as consistant as hand cut patterns.....

Guest socalkid

ya we figured the film was on the wrong way. :thumb We'll be implementing everyones tips, tricks, and suggestions ( snide remarks excluded :evileye ) and keep you posted.

try different software sounds like yours is horrible :twocents . Use 30 or 25 degree blades for 1-2 mil window film depending on your plotter, blade should barely be extended from the bottom of the blade holder. Adjust pressure/force from there, make sure protect. strip is in good condition and even or it will cut through some spots & not others or vice versa. Speed will have nothing to do with it, our speed is on 50. It cuts fast :thumb . Hope that helps ! Oh yea start with a new blade too :spit

Archived