Guest exclusive1

Guest exclusive1

need to know whats fair or average to be charged from a glass company for anchoring. I did 500sf 8mil, glass company did the anchoring and I got the bill I wanted to cry. whats everybody used to that doesn't anchor themselfs? :beer

need to know whats fair or average to be charged from a glass company for anchoring. I did 500sf 8mil, glass company did the anchoring and I got the bill I wanted to cry. whats everybody used to that doesn't anchor themselfs? :beer

what do you mean by..."anchor"?

PM Key West, he does alot of wet and dry anchoring installs and yes it cost that much! If they supplied the 995 then they probably charged around $4 per linear foot....You might have wanted to know how much the bill was going to be for the 995 install before bidding on the job, that way you wouldnt of been so upset or shocked.

It's not that hard to do it your self. More than likely with a little practice you can make it look better than they did. They probabley sent someone on a low hourly wage to do a O.K. job at best (just to r*pe you in the end). Glass guys don't usually mask anything off, and usually free hand the 995 without even tooling it on a application like that. Practice it and become efficient yourself you will not regret it. Sorry about your loss.

Guest Key West
need to know whats fair or average to be charged from a glass company for anchoring. I did 500sf 8mil, glass company did the anchoring and I got the bill I wanted to cry. whats everybody used to that doesn't anchor themselfs? :evileye

It's not that hard to do it your self. More than likely with a little practice you can make it look better than they did. They probabley sent someone on a low hourly wage to do a O.K. job at best (just to r*pe you in the end). Glass guys don't usually mask anything off, and usually free hand the 995 without even tooling it on a application like that. Practice it and become efficient yourself you will not regret it. Sorry about your loss.

Generally around 4.75 per linear foot, with me supplying the Dow and tape. Tintlife, you're right, it's not that hard to do yourself and have it look good with practice, but just HOW can you think you can do a better job than someone who lays caulk day in and day out for a living? I would MUCH rather pay a good caulker a buck a linear (I supply the Dow, that way I know they used Dow) than screw with it myself. You find a good caulker, spend some time showing him how it's supposed to be done, and let him go at it!! I would never willingly "do the Dow", if there was an alternative available.

Key.... your right man, I whole heartedly agree with you. !.00 per LF is a great deal, then you dont waste a good pair of jeans, shoes, and possibly have to replace mrs jones carpet because you dripped black dow on it accidentily. My hint, watch someone do it a few times, try your own windows at your house before you go thinking you can do it yourself..... IMO..

Archived