Whats the bottom line?

Most installers and tint shops have increased their top line prices in the past two years. ... has it taken well with repeat customers with mid range autos or do you find yourself giving them their frequent flyer points back to them?...or have you changed brands to increase the bottom line....this question is geared to the tinters in the US simply due to fact our dollar has taken a real bad turn as compared to our Euro counterparts.

Once I mention, "have you noticed the change in price in fuel (gas and heating)/food/electric/etc...etc...etc?" they seem to not have a problem. I dont give them a discount unless they are bringing me over 5 a year...and then, its only on the 5th one...and its only about 10%. If they still put up a fuss, I'll use the cheaper line of film...no warranty. :evileye

Guest Marco

When the price of film goes up I don't increase my price I'll take a pay cut for about a year then increase the price to include other things that would normally call for an increase . I don't think I would switch brands to make more profit. :evileye Repeat customers and the people they send to me get a reduced price. For few people I tint there cars for free because they have brought in a lot of referrals.

Once I mention, "have you noticed the change in price in fuel (gas and heating)/food/electric/etc...etc...etc?" they seem to not have a problem. I dont give them a discount unless they are bringing me over 5 a year...and then, its only on the 5th one...and its only about 10%. If they still put up a fuss, I'll use the cheaper line of film...no warranty. :thumb

That's how I do it for the most part :evileye

Guest JUSTIN

We had to switch product lines this year due to FTI, so that made our product line costs go up. We didn't raise our prices this year b/c we raised them last year, and I just felt that so many other things are going up with the gas price increase, that I would lose potential customers, even though we explain what our product line does in comparison to other product lines and our craftsmanship.

We discontinued giving auto discounts unless someone uses us for fg installs or they are miilitary. When they drop money for big ticket items like that, we will give a discount for the auto side. Once in a while, Justin will give a frequent flyer discount, but only to customer's he recognizes that have used him for the last 17 years and have brought us numerous vehicles.

We are already $40-$100 higher than our competition, but seriously they either use real cheap product, or don't know how to install tint to begin with or both, and to raise our prices again, made me a little concerned. We may have to raise them next year however.

havent increased much lately. but when return customers come in and show their receipt, and we did it for $11 cheaper we match it.

:dunno wow...I wish the gas company would do that when I show them my receipts from years past :beer:nope

Archived