Using Clay Magic

Guest *Brent *

Guest autotrim

I have used it before putting PPF on, if the car has to much debris on it it will scratch the car or film because the clay will pick it up. I don't detail cars but was told that by the deyailer that sold me the clay.

Guest *Brent *

Actually, I'm planning ahead. I will be buying a car in June. I want to get a 3M paint protection cover installed as soon as I buy the car. I work in a chemical plant that sometimes has issues with paint overspray. They supply the clay bars to its employee's. I'm just wondering if after I have the 3M paint protection cover installed and I get overspray on my car, can I use a clay bar on the protective 3M paint protection cover.

Guest autotrim

From what I understand PPF is like the clear on your paint at the Road Show we scuffed Xpel and some of the other film it will polish out so I can only guess that you can clay it also. If it’s your own car polish it with a clear polish to prevent overspray from sticking to the film, only some of the polish has color in it we used to put Plexus on our kits in fact I would have my customers to use, but it was turning the film yellow. Polish must be clear. Hope this helps

Guest Josh @ Proform
Can Clay Magic be used to remove paint overspray on a vehicle that has protection film cover?

It depends on the film. I have used clay bars to remove over spray and left over paint/plastic scuff residue from Avery (top coat and non-coat), but have yet to try it on other brands. I image 3M would be ok too, but reguardless make sure the surface stays lubricated with either a detail spray or you slip solution (soap and water).

Guest WASHBOY

Wash the car first than clay the paint or the film (keep it really wet with a quick detailer) than use a polish to create depeth and remove any scraches. A clay bar will not scraqtch the vehicle if used right and the question regarding change of color is to use a clear polish on film, but depending on the color of the paint you might need something with color in the product to restore color or maintaing color of the vehicle! Also, if the vehicle has a bunch of overspray the vehicle might need to wet sand than clay, clean, polish, wax, than seal!

Archived