heres a little tip

Guest irishhanks2

Guest irishhanks2

everyone that sees this knows the basic steps to dry shrinking if you dont this ant going to help you .

do the steps to to where you got the tint on the back glass and ready (note: only do the H not the vert. line in the center of the glass) make sure the tint lays as flate as posible across the center and sides... do you ruff cut ....take your hand lightly make fingers go vert. ....... start with heat gun start from center of glass and start in small circles going slow back and forth you should see fingers run as film shrinks (dont go to fast ) when you reach the bottom edge youll see the film flatten out countinue the same way all the way across the bottom half (remember the back glass is divided in to four parts top left bottom left top right bottom right) work each sec. in the manner I discribed above after you done the tint will look wrinkeld to hell... NOW comes the scarry part lift film one half at a time spray with your tint mix and starting from middle of glass useing one hand smooth out wrinkels and follow behind with hard card smoothing out film if done right film will lay flat on glass ....repeat on other side when films is laying flat do your finsh cut run the heat gun across top and bottom and push out in fingers that pop up with hard card......then install on the in side as useal except this time when you get out of the car they want be any side fingers poppin up saves lot of time hope this helps (WARNING IF YOU ARE IMPATENT DONT TRY THIS YOU WILL ONLY WASTE FILM)

Guest thatsnappyguy
when I do dry shrink, I cant shrink when I use global. when I use global I have to do it wetshrink, I just shirnk it dry. to flimsy, rubbery :spit

can someone interpret this for me?

Guest cartek
when I do dry shrink, I cant shrink when I use global. when I use global I have to do it wetshrink, I just shirnk it dry. to flimsy, rubbery :spit

can someone interpret this for me?

my guess would be.

he will try the new method the next time he actually dry shrinks, he is unable to dry shrink global, he has to wet shrink global, something or another here, and then it is too flimsy feels like rubber

am I close>

if the film looks "wrinkled as he11" then you are overshrinking it! Check out my shrink technique.....

http://www.tintdude.com/forum/lofiversion/...php/t39552.html

film lays down very smooth and does not look all wrinkled when it is lifted.....

man, that :gasp is sweeeeeeet!!! good tip :nope was this ever a totw??

Pretty sure it was... and if it wasn't there like a 4 or 5 page thread on it I think... It's cool to watch :nope

Archived