Vinyl on wood

Guest type-xdesigns

Guest type-xdesigns

I have a customer that wants two 4x8 foot signs made. I figure I would use a couple sheets of plywood but I need something cheap to put on the wood that the vinyl will stick to. Any ideas? Plexiglass is too expensive. Coregated plastic is too cheap looking. Maybe countertop laminate?

Guest type-xdesigns

Hmm...well, Ill try some out this week and see. I don't do many signs. I mostly do automotive work so I've never mesed with much sign stuff.

My personal large sign for my business is made out of painted plywood. We stick vinyl letters on it. We keep our primary name at the top of it. We have had several strong storms and our vinyl hasn't come off of it, and the vinyl still looks great!. We constantly change the center of our signs using vinyl and none of our letters have come off during storms. We do signs for a living and trust me. If you rub the vinyl really well, it won't come off unless you spend the time to take it off. Our sign has been through two tornado watchs and several severe thunderstorms, and our letters haven't budged.

:thumb

Contact you local sign supply house and tell them to quote you on

1) Omega Board - Marine plywood w/ 1 smooth vinyl side (you must edge seal the edges tho)

or

2) DiBond - double aluminum faced board w/ plastic core... very light weight and durable (my personal choice)

Archived