commercial

Guest yogi2187

Guest yogi2187

I am currently liveing in an area were the buildings are goin up everywere you turn. I have been trying to get some commecial jobs;with no success. I have done some in the past;but lately its all been auto.I have contacted contracors,walk-ins,flyers,and a couple other small things. My budget is low right now but any suggestions were to go,how to get ahold of someone to place bids on any of theses jobs?

Or how to go about getting the word out,or advertising? Any advice would help out greatly;there is only 2 other shops in town and the population is around 50,000 ppl.

Please help Thanx :shock

Guest meppy75

Hey Yogi, just walk into the construction site and ask to talk to the GC (general contractor) or the job foreman. Then just use sell yourself to him. Or another way to do it, is to read the signs for the job site to find out who the company building it is. Then go to the construction company and let them know about your company and what you can do for them. Hope this helps, Good luck! :shock

IT

Unfortunately most of the larger commercial projects have to be bid on. Usually the construction company doing the general contracting has an open bid process for each step to the building process prior to the start of each project. Alot of them have websites where you can submit a subcontractor application. Beware though because you have to meet certain standards to be approved for bidding, one having insurance and another listing other commercial references. Once you are approved they will contact you when a tinting bid comes up. Beware that sometimes the bidding isnt exactly fair due to money being exchanged "under the table" to get bids... You can always find out what business is moving in and try and contact them. Get in with blind companies and interior designers/architects....

Guest exclusive1

Get yourself on the "contractors blue book" you get alot of ITB's from them that will help you get in the mix, after that those new contractors your working for you can start soliciting them. it works and its only on of a million avenues.

Guest mr3y1956

The most valuable contacts you can make are with the local glass shops. They are usually the first to find out about projects requiring film.

In addition, you should contact all the interior design folks and make an appointment to leave them samples.

Good luck with your endeavor.

Guest rcjello

as far as selling yourself remind potential customers about the double dip tax benefit. under the new energy laws any purchas over 1000 dollars is tax deductable including solar control film. also if you read window film magazine they have a nice article about hard data to help sell your product. 90% of all people don't tint because they think it might break the glass.

Archived