2 questions

Guest nikluvNearl

dang. im greedy apparently. I take whatever is comfortable for the customer down, but I try to make the amount cover the cost of materials. im pretty open with them if they ask why so much. ive never had an issue. sometimes they pay in full up front. :shock

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest General Sun Shield
Free estimates and no deposits. But, I also have not had anyone bail on me.

First time it happens though, I will start taking them. Of course, most of my business comes from referrals, so I feel more confident in them to begin with.

(Resi jobs.... commercial - yes and yes. )

-R

After you get a few burn you , the tune will change. :shock

I dont always get a deposit for smaller jobs, but anything over a grand it is "Policy" . No one has ever said no. :thumb

After you get a few burn you , the tune will change. :shock

I dont always get a deposit for smaller jobs, but anything over a grand it is "Policy" . No one has ever said no. :thumb

I'm sure....

While I haven't in the past, if I get a huge resi job, I'm going to ask for a deposit. But lately many of my jobs have been smaller - under $1k - so I haven't been taking any.

-R

Remember all, this is business. You WILL get burned ine day on one. Always take a deposit, no matter how big or small. On commercial, I take 1/3 down, 1/3 when half finished, and 1/3 within 15 days of completion. This way, even if the contractor gets burned, I don't lose.

Guest MsMarco

Estimates are no charge, deposits only if we don't stock the film and if the film will cost more than $500 then yeah get a full film cost deposit then send them the film with an extra bill for a fuel surcharge and keep the deposit if they change their minds :dunno

Archived