V-Kool

Guest Da Beach

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest darkdan

Anytime anyone calls for flat glass my high end films are the first thing I push (as long as they're not trying to address glare obviously). If V-Kool or Geoshield doesn't fit their budget then I offer them the rest.

You are all talking about ,Huper Optik, Geoshield, Madico, Johnson and V-kool

Only the last one is a sputtered film

But does any one ever heard of LX-70 or Hi-lite 70 from Bekaert? Also a Sputtered film

Right : high priced but a very good film to apply, looks very clear en almost invisible.

They are also high VLT films, with relatively low reflectivity, with good heat rejection and non-corroding

You need to look into the term sputtered

I thought Hi-lite needed to be edge sealed also.

I'm pretty sure HO, Geoshield, Madico, and Johnson sputter the ceramic onto the film.

TiN (titanium nitride) is a ceramic:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titanium_nitride

May be this is some language barrier. For example You call CREMNIUM as SILICONE, but ladies make b**bs from SILICONE :lol6:rollin:lol6

In russian CERAMIC - material for mugs and pots.

But anycase this material - let's call it';s CERAMIC seems used like target, but telling again - I am not storng in technology.

Two of 4 mentioned teams - seems I know the source and not sure any sputerring there, IMHO!!!!

Two other :lol6:rollin:rollin

But - is it really important??? Who, how and where? You like it or not. Whatever it is cotaed by sprayer... IMHO

The good source fopr information about coating technologies can be found here

Visit My Website

Seems there is everything clear - I don't know any MFG who told about their equipment, their machines and so on.......

Yes, I saw one sputerring machine at DTI, San Diego, may be it was sputerring...But no idea about other....

I never paid attention - but I can tell for sure lot of companies are simply buying sputerred, metallized and so on films, add glue, liner and - window film is ready. And that's 100% normal way. Can You imagine car factory who make also tires and glasses???

Guest Da Beach

Thanks for everything guys, I think I have enough information to make an informed decision. :woowoo

In all the the years I've been in this industry it's simply amazing.

In the 70's, = Liquid tint, Only Llumar and 3m most popular, application on back glass in strips. (old Maxima was done in 13 1.5" strip because on short curve :DD ) Fuel 1.00 per gallon

In the 80's = much of the same as the 70's but more competition, DTI now Solar-Gard, ITD now FTI which had just shut down. Tinting was still being done with strips. Not very many people even knew about the heat gun. Putting the car out in the sun to dry stubborn fingers. There was no such thing as stretching film. Even some doors needed to be done in two pieces because of nasty curve. And Tintdude was probable still in grade school if not pampers. Fuel 2.00 per gallon

In the 90's = Technology and techniques moving at a rapid pace. The computer and internet spreading like wildfire. Only the rich can afford the latest laptops. Vacuum Depositing, Sputtering intorduced into the film industry. Metallized products becoming more and more visible on cars not just buildings. The heat gun, wet shrinking, dry shrinking was just being found out. More competition in the world of Laminators and Coators, Johnson Window films, Maddico, Protect-Gard and so-on. One piece back glass was introduced to the world. Fuel 3.00 per gallon

The 2000's = Manufacturers trying to figure out how to raise prices. Dealers and Distributors trying to figure out how to raise prices. Loyalty is a thing of the past. Marketing and stragtegies are the excuses for changing hands and less loyalty. The introduction of IR, Ceramic films. The Asian Market is competing on US soil. US factories dealing with Asian manufacturers for higher margins. The introduction of the plotting machine. Tinting windows is now on a faster pace. Fuel 4.00 per gallon.

To all the tinters of the world. Tinting will always be and in my opinion and those who know that have done it, "IS AN ART" I used to call my self MASTER OF THE ART. Then I got married and had kids. :bingo

Guest Da Beach

Hey Tintdude, AMEN BROTHER for having such a website, I truly believe because of your website most of the film manufacturers have humbled themselves. Knowledge is power and you have been sharing this power.

If you would allow me, the one word that would sum up this entire diea of yours it would be "BALANCE".

You have done this entire industry good. Keep up the good work.

:DD

Archived