Have tint ? need help.

Guest hometheaterman

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest hometheaterman

So sounds like it must be the window. The thing that threw me off was how much lighter it looked looking out from the inside. If I don't want to to see through it what do I need to do? Would having them put another layer of 5% on top of this layer fix it? Or is tinting the windshield the only option? I'm not tinting the windshield below the AS1 line and I have the factory tint down to there right now. If tinting the windshield is the only option to fix this I guess I will have to give up but I'd really like to have it so you can't see in much if any.

Would that affect how it looks looking out too? It just seems soo much lighter when looking out the rear. Doesn't seem hard to see at night at all. I can see the outlines of stuff even when it is dark. Not much worse than before. I remember having 5% before on a truck with no factory tint and it was a pita to see out of. I don't think this is that bad but maybe it is.

So basically you guys think the factory tint is the problem not that they put a lighter % tint on?

go back to the shop & show them what your seeing, they'll see it also. Tell them you would like a better match, either by lightening up the rear sides or darkening up the slider. Maybe they will take care of you :rollin maybe they will charge you minimal because your unhappy. We do these trucks all the time with 5% over rear slider & also rear doors with no complaints we just explain the rear is going to appear lighter because the windshield on these trucks is so big & there is large amounts of light coming in. Check it out from an angle & will appear to be much darker.

Guest darkdan
So you think my rear window is just lighter from the factory? Thats odd.

I have a buddy that has a Dakota and his side two rear windows were tinted from the factory but not the rear window. I thought that was odd.

From what I've been told (by dealers), Dodge does it because "everyone gets a topper. The topper is tinted." So they give you a clear or lighter rear window, because EVERYONE gets a topper and if the topper is tinted and the rear window is factory privacy glass than owners can't see behind them.

Guest darkdan
:rollin

WTF dude!?

That's twice in the past 35 days.

Soon enough you'll be taking me to NASCAR races and I'll be getting you belligerently drunk for no reason besides it's Tuesday!

Guest hometheaterman
I'm dumbfounded that this guy is upset that he _can_ see out of his back window. his aim was to not be able to see?

No my aim was to not to be able to see in. I like being able to see out I'm just saying you can tell how much lighter it is because of how much lighter it is looking out of it than the back sides. I would like to have it as dark as it seems on the sides and still be able to see out like it is now. Since that doesn't happen I'd rather have it look like the sides do and have it like the sides are where it's a little harder to see out of.

Archived