Have tint ? need help.

Guest hometheaterman

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest hometheaterman
Is the windshield tinted? :lol

never mind thats the back :confuse

Yup thats the back. Nope the windshield isn't tinted other than the factory stip at the top and it's still factory. I can see it being lighter looking in as the windshield lets in soo much light but I don't see how that affects looking out like that. Thats supposed to be 5% on the rear and I'm not really sure it is. Thats what I'm trying to find out so I don't go back and complain to them about nothing. It's just soo much lighter than the side windows they did a week earlier with 5%.

photos are far from being good to identify darkness of tint. IF your back glass was as dark as the back side then it would look like it is lighter. You COULD have them remove both and look at the film by itself! Of course if it is indeed the same tint then you will be paying to get it redone.

If you want it darker and the shop will even tint over other film then put a 35% on there and it should match up IMO!

Take it to the shop.....you are asking things that we really can't answer with any degree of certainty!

Guest kflemin9

5% over factory meters at between 1 & 2% which is pretty inconvient when it rains :confuse .... unless you have a reverse cam and custom HID reverse lights :lol

I had a newer Dodge quad cab and the rear window seemed to be a lot lighter than the sides, more so than just the difference in size of glass :rollin I bought it slightly used though and guessing from something else I noticed I think it might've even been replaced at one point... Anyway, it's possible the guy at the shop had a long day and read the box wrong or stopped after reading it, talked to someone then grabbed the wrong box thinking it was the right one or something, just a screw up like that :rollin They definately look different from each other in the pic, even kind of colour-wise too...

So you think my rear window is just lighter from the factory? Thats odd.

I have a buddy that has a Dakota and his side two rear windows were tinted from the factory but not the rear window. I thought that was odd.

From what I've been told (by dealers), Dodge does it because "everyone gets a topper. The topper is tinted." So they give you a clear or lighter rear window, because EVERYONE gets a topper and if the topper is tinted and the rear window is factory privacy glass than owners can't see behind them.

toppers are :rollin:rollin

I had a newer Dodge quad cab and the rear window seemed to be a lot lighter than the sides, more so than just the difference in size of glass :rollin I bought it slightly used though and guessing from something else I noticed I think it might've even been replaced at one point... Anyway, it's possible the guy at the shop had a long day and read the box wrong or stopped after reading it, talked to someone then grabbed the wrong box thinking it was the right one or something, just a screw up like that :rollin They definately look different from each other in the pic, even kind of colour-wise too...

I agree, the color/hue is different between the two. maybe they grabbed the wrong %. I say investigate and let me know what happens. also, find out what brand is that if u can :rollin

Guest hometheaterman

Pretty sure it's Advantage Tint. It had 1800 Get Tint or something written on the side of the box. I've seen a few things on here about it when reading up on it and people seem to like it okay. I went with it as this shop is known for being good and they were local and also offered a lifetime warranty with a decent price. I decided rather than driving somewhere else I'd just get them to do it. I will have to check further into the % part. The color difference to me seems to just be that it's lighter but I haven't payed super close attention. If it turns out they put the wrong tint on should I have to pay to have them redo it or should they do it for free?

Archived