Vector cut window templates

Guest djbordie

Guest djbordie

ok ive been in the vinyl industry for a while, I do alot of lettering and logos on my laser in vinyl.

I figured I can do my own tints on my vw rabbit 2008 (ive read the rear is a bit tough but ill try).

SO my question is:

CAN I get vector templates of cars windows anywhere?

then I can just cut them on my laser 100% accurate, it would be ideal.

im trying to get a demo of tint tek 20/20 and rip out the vector artwork and just use it on my corel draw x3 and laser.

I have scoured the internet and found nothing!

So any help would be appreciated, and if anyone needs help with lettering/logos/commercial vinyl applications/engraving/sign making, I would be glad to help.

-db

Guest djbordie

lol theif? didnt mean to step on any toes, just thought this might be something I could easily find.

im not trying to make a business here, just trying to do my own car for shits and cost saving.

As I said im used to cutting my stuff on a laser for peoples windows and offices and such.

Most of the time its just frosted vinyl with a logo in it or something, so I figured it would be innocent enough to source this stuff and do my own car...

so im used to having pre-cut pieces.

well if anyone in the toronto area wants to do my tints, I got my guy at VW quoting me at $250, if you can beat it ill take it.

thats vw 2008 rabbit

"laser?"

1) a plotter uses a blade. you of all people should know that.

2) getting the patterns out of a computer cut pattern is not going to be as easy as you think. they're very protective, and very smart.

3) as dan said, cutting is the easy part. take it to a pro and quit wasting our time.

Guest tcbdave

I am new to window tinting, at least as a profession. have been doing vehicle graphics for a long time, started out on dinasaurs. There is a way to make your own pattern by taking a picture of a large easy to read ruler, at any size, and importing this pic into coraldraw. once in there, you pic the measure tool, measure the ruler on the pic. do your math of ruler size divided by your ruler which gives you the multiplier. then, using the measure tool on the pic to measure any part of the car you want in any direction, take that measurement, times it by the multiplier and you have your measurements. it does take a few times to get down to within 1mm or less in exactness of your measurement, but it sure is a lot easier and a lot cleaner than doing it any other way. The really great thing about it wether its graphics, or window tint, you take a pic of the car, make the appointment for the customer to come back, and when they come back, you have already done your thing on the computer, and film is already precut! works for any vehicle.

Guest darkdan
I am new to window tinting, at least as a profession. have been doing vehicle graphics for a long time, started out on dinasaurs. There is a way to make your own pattern by taking a picture of a large easy to read ruler, at any size, and importing this pic into coraldraw. once in there, you pic the measure tool, measure the ruler on the pic. do your math of ruler size divided by your ruler which gives you the multiplier. then, using the measure tool on the pic to measure any part of the car you want in any direction, take that measurement, times it by the multiplier and you have your measurements. it does take a few times to get down to within 1mm or less in exactness of your measurement, but it sure is a lot easier and a lot cleaner than doing it any other way. The really great thing about it wether its graphics, or window tint, you take a pic of the car, make the appointment for the customer to come back, and when they come back, you have already done your thing on the computer, and film is already precut! works for any vehicle.

Yeah, I'd like to see you try this.

Works with laying out vinyl on a vehicle, but doesn't work with vectorizing a window.

Archived